CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
May 22, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #526 of 2,420
Did you get any sense of timeframe? I wonder what’s coming.
I get the impression it is a significant undertaking. I wonder if it will be similar to the soon to be released 2.0 app by Innuos that will have its own player to rival Roon?

May 22, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #527 of 2,420
I get the impression it is a significant undertaking. I wonder if it will be similar to the soon to be released 2.0 app by Innuos that will have its own player to rival Roon?
Here is Mark’s reply which is quite encouraging.

“yes Nick has sent thru a file, and has pointed out that the MPD version loaded requires updating.
We are aware and have new software in testing, which we will be pushing out soon.
The update is a major one including GUI updates among other App related updates, along with the ability to make updating easier for users in the future.
I understand the issue can be frustrating, however we are working towards a complete overhaul of the software ecosystem, and we want to get it right.

Kind regards,
Mark”

May 22, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #528 of 2,420
we are working towards a complete overhaul of the software ecosystem, and we want to get it right.
Not that I thought a major overhaul was necessary, I still think it’s great that they are aiming to do this.

May 22, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #529 of 2,420
Re PGGB: all licensed up with a 10 album batch brewing. I knew I kept all those usb drives in a drawer for a reason.

May 24, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #530 of 2,420
Any reason why this PGGB topic resides in a thread for Antipodes and seem to continue further ?

Read briefly and some about preprocessing and copying back for improved sound quality which is great.

Cheers.

May 24, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #531 of 2,420
Any reason why this PGGB topic resides in a thread for Antipodes and seem to continue further ?

Read briefly and some about preprocessing and copying back for improved sound quality which is great.

Cheers.
This thread is a place for general discussion of Antipodes Servers and their relevant use. This is very relevant and of interest to a number of Antipodes users. Antipodes provides playback methods that lend themselves well to playing PGGB files.... HQPlayer, MPD, Roon.

May 28, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #532 of 2,420
Hi All, I am quite sure I have interacted with several of you over in the Chord Dave and Mscaler forums, and through that interaction I am one of those who has also ditched Roon in search of better SQ. I am trying to use MPD on my CX - EX combo. But I seem to having real trouble getting a DLNA server running properly on the CX. I can get the player working on the EX and even play internet radio, but I cannot get it to see any of my music collection on the CX. It is weird as it is showing up on my mac and windows machines as a media share, but all directories are empty. I also tried running minimserv, but that just fails to install, so I use the standard UpNp/DLNA render app. Any Ideas?

Also, I am running 2.7, seems a real faf to upgrade to 2.8, plus when I asked Antipodes direct, they replied to say 2.8 was not designed for the CX and EX and was intended for their sister company's products, yet I see people on here have upgraded, is it worth it?

May 28, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #533 of 2,420
Have you tried software manager upgrade? It will work or it won’t. I’m a dinosaur with a late model DX, even though it looks like the update version went well, it won’t accept 2.8 so I’m on 2.7. I check periodically, you never know if they will back stop earlier antipodes models.

May 28, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #534 of 2,420
Have you tried software manager upgrade? It will work or it won’t. I’m a dinosaur with a late model DX, even though it looks like the update version went well, it won’t accept 2.8 so I’m on 2.7. I check periodically, you never know if they will back stop earlier antipodes models.
Sorry, excuse my ignorance, I have tried upgrading to 2.8 in the conventional way, and like you said, it seems to go well, but still says you are running 2.7. After several attempts at that method with same results, I e-mailed Antipodes, which is when they replied to say 2.8 is not for the CX EX. But I have also seen a procedure for upgrading the CX and EX to 2.8, but that looks quite long winded and a bit of a pain.

May 28, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #535 of 2,420
Not sure if you have used the Procedure shown in the attachment to upgrade to 2.8

It is straight forward but just takes a little time. Once upgraded try running MPD along with MinimServer which is what I have setup and have been running for a while now with no issues.

Attachments

• How to Upgrade toVersion28_201201104.pdf
    81.7 KB · Views: 0
May 28, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #536 of 2,420
Not sure if you have used the Procedure shown in the attachment to upgrade to 2.8

It is straight forward but just takes a little time. Once upgraded try running MPD along with MinimServer which is what I have setup and have been running for a while now with no issues.
That is the procedure I used as well. I did not need a server to run MPD as it saw my library immediately. My library and MPD are on the EX only. I would think MPD needs to be on the machine that has the usb port your dac is connected to. NayNay... you had a a EX/CX solution so you may be more help.

May 28, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #537 of 2,420
I also tried running minimserv, but that just fails to install
You need to upgrade to 2.8 to get MinimServer to load as I found out. I think you would be best to upgrade to 2.8 anyway.

May 28, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #538 of 2,420
Ok Thanks Guys, appreciate that. Will give 2.8 a go. Just hope it goes well!!

May 28, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #539 of 2,420
May 28, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #540 of 2,420
Also, I am running 2.7, seems a real faf to upgrade to 2.8, plus when I asked Antipodes direct, they replied to say 2.8 was not designed for the CX and EX and was intended for their sister company's products, yet I see people on here have upgraded, is it worth it?

They have a sister company? Who’s that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back