CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Nov 6, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #2,116 of 2,420

Nov 6, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #2,117 of 2,420
Any one playing there PGGB files 768/1024/24bit from there server USB but going through M Scaler to Dave dual BNC? Have not played or messed around with this in a long time so have a bit of brain freeze. When I use Squeeze to play the PGGB files they sound like they are playing in slow motion time? Have I not set something correctly?
Hi… make sure you have C-3PO enabled for your player.

AAFFAB08-AFBE-4908-BFB7-96C8D5DBB623.png

When playing PGGB through mscaler it will bypass but reduce volume by 3db and may apply some noise shaping. It still sounds very good.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #2,118 of 2,420
Hi… make sure you have C-3PO enabled for your player.

AAFFAB08-AFBE-4908-BFB7-96C8D5DBB623.png

When playing PGGB through mscaler it will bypass but reduce volume by 3db and may apply some noise shaping. It still sounds very good.
I looked in those settings but no option for C-3PO
CX SERVER SETTINGS.jpg

Nov 6, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #2,119 of 2,420
I looked in those settings but no option for C-3POCX SERVER SETTINGS.jpg
Try clicking library > basic settings drop down > select C-3PO from plugins. Then setup from player settings

Nov 6, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #2,120 of 2,420
That fixed it. Thanks a lot for the help much appreciated.

Nov 9, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #2,121 of 2,420
Amsv4 update easy peasy on my DX bye the bye. Yea antipodes. Took 20 seconds and a click on the solution page to activate roon.

Nov 9, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #2,122 of 2,420
The update was pretty painless overall, customer support with Mark is always a pleasure. I also love how the new update made everything so clean in terms of how the solution dashboard is presented, absolutely wonderful.

Good job Antipodes, seriously.

Praises due are praises due.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #2,123 of 2,420
Anyone else using HDMI to connect to DAC with background hissing noise?

I have isolated everything (power cord, ethernet cord, dac, the dip switches to be compatible to DAC, the actual HDMI cable itself) and it seems to be the actual K50 HDMI causing this for me, AES and USB have no background noise whatsoever.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #2,124 of 2,420
Anyone else using HDMI to connect to DAC with background hissing noise?
I have tried HDMI, but no hissing. It was a Nordost Blue Heaven.

Nov 19, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #2,125 of 2,420
I still am dealing with the HDMI background noise issue at moment, but on a lighter note, does anyone feel that when using AES on the K50 a lot of resolution is lost versus when using the HDMI?

Despite the hissing/background noise when music is not playing, I still prefer the HDMI option as the AES sounds "too smooth" given my own chain, anyone else feel or experience the same?

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #2,127 of 2,420
Hello All
Just thought you all should know I have part exchanged the K50 for the Oladra.
A very short version of SQ, more detailed no fatigue and relaxed.
Demo at your own risk.
With the added AfterDark network switch and Finisar modules sublime SQ streamed Qubuz sounds better than local SSD...!

I was very lucky to have Clive bring the Oladra he was trialling to let me hear it in my system up against my K50 and using the BNC output from both of them into an Mscaler connected to Dave and that was outputting through my ATC 150 active speakers.

I normally use Squeeze server and Squeezelite player but for the day when Clive visited we used Roon Server and Squeezelite Player, mainly for ease of use. We were of course using my Wave bnc cables but Clive already uses them in his own system, he and I having separately concluded that we prefer the inbuilt BNC output from the K50 rather than any of the others. So that was a common denominator between our systems and it probably helped Clive to tune into the sound of my system.

It is my unfortunate task to confirm Clive‘s summary of the Oladra sound quality. I have no idea how it does it but it is simply better than the K50 in all the ways that he describes. This is taking nothing away from the K50 because that is still an absolute triumph of sound quality but somehow the Oladra surpasses the K50 and I can quite see why Clive had traded his K50 and bought the Oladra. Clive is a lucky bunny.

Nov 19, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #2,128 of 2,420
I was very lucky to have Clive bring the Oladra he was trialling to let me hear it in my system up against my K50 and using the BNC output from both of them into an Mscaler connected to Dave and that was outputting through my ATC 150 active speakers.
Great that you two are able to meet up for listening. Any chance you might one day be able to compare your PhoenixNET to his AfterDark switch?

It is my unfortunate task to confirm Clive‘s summary of the Oladra sound quality. I have no idea how it does it but it is simply better than the K50 in all the ways that he describes. This is taking nothing away from the K50 because that is still an absolute triumph of sound quality but somehow the Oladra surpasses the K50 and I can quite see why Clive had traded his K50 and bought the Oladra. Clive is a lucky bunny.

He sure is! It’s interesting to me that Clive concluded that it has “no fatigue and relaxed”. This shows that SMPSs can be truly excellent if done right.

@Clive101 any chance you could post a pic of your new server?

Nov 19, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #2,129 of 2,420
Great that you two are able to meet up for listening. Any chance you might one day be able to compare your PhoenixNET to his AfterDark switch?

He sure is! It’s interesting to me that Clive concluded that it has “no fatigue and relaxed”. This shows that SMPSs can be truly excellent if done right.

@Clive101 any chance you could post a pic of your new server?
As I think you know, Linn has used SMPSs in their amps and streamers for years which confirms that, done right, they are as good as, or better, than the best LPSs.

Nov 19, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #2,130 of 2,420
As I think you know, Linn has used SMPSs in their amps and streamers for years which confirms that, done right, they are as good as, or better, than the best LPSs.
Thanks for the reminder. “If done right” certainly applies to Linn too.

I wonder if a future K series upgrade will bring them some form of these SMPSs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back