CX 300-II vs CX 400-II
Feb 11, 2010 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

jelte12345

New Head-Fier
I am looking for new earphones. Right now i'm using the normal Ipod earphones. I am thinking of buying in-ear's and I found some nice reviews about these two.
The 400 is a little more expensive so I would like to know if it's worth the extra money.

Feb 11, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Relatively speaking, they're both poor earphones.

Based on what? Have you heard either models?

The CX300-400 series get a bad rap because they're bass heavy, but they're really not as bad as people make them out to be. They're certainally not as stellar as Senn's IE series, but I would say they're far from "poor earphones."

I've heard MUCH, MUCH worse for the price.

Feb 11, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 19
Compared to CX300, CX300-II sounded MUCH improved to me, with much less stupid bloated bass quantity and an overall clearer, less muddy sound, but then again i was using the smallest tips (i didnt want too much isolation, for outside use) which might having been responsible for taking away much of the bass

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on what? Have you heard either models?

The CX300-400 series get a bad rap because they're bass heavy, but they're really not as bad as people make them out to be. They're certainally not as stellar as Senn's IE series, but I would say they're far from "poor earphones."

I've heard MUCH, MUCH worse for the price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk
Relatively

-

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

-Originally Posted by bcpk
Relatively

I understand what the term 'Relatively' means, but the OP didnt ask about what was 'relatively' better than the CX's, he asked about the CX's from those who've experienced them. When you randomly just spout out that their 'poor' earphones, you're hardly helping the guy.

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #7 of 19
That's why I asked him
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk
Where do you live and what's your budget?

so I could suggest alternatives.

I've been through the "OMG dont insult CX300s!" rigmarole before, believe me.

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #8 of 19
My budget is 50 euro's and I live in the Netherlands.
I allready read the bass isseu was mostly solved in the II series.
If you think I could buy better earphones for the same price please tell me.
I would have been looking for more myself but when I saw these two I couldn't really find a big performance difference in the reviews I read so I wanted to know if one of you guys could tell me that the cx-400 is a lot better.

Feb 12, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #9 of 19
Ok...

MEElectronics Ai-M6

SoundMAGIC PL-50

Radiopaq Classical

Ai-M6s are very sleek, good detail and separation. You can get MEElectronics to ship them internationally if you e-mail them. Edit : MEElec now doing Intl. orders directly on their page. Costs $7.

PL-50s are absolutely tiny and supremely comfortable. Very balanced sound and low microphonics. Shipping can take a while from Asia though.

Radiopaqs have a nice smooth sound. Don't worry about the "Classical" name, they seem to perform quite nicely.

All three are around €40 shipped.

Feb 12, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Ok...

MEElectronics Ai-M6

SoundMAGIC PL-50

Radiopaq Classical

Ai-M6s are very sleek, good detail and separation. You can get MEElectronics to ship them internationally if you e-mail them. Edit : MEElec now doing Intl. orders directly on their page. Costs $7.

PL-50s are absolutely tiny and supremely comfortable. Very balanced sound and low microphonics. Shipping can take a while from Asia though.

Radiopaqs have a nice smooth sound. Don't worry about the "Classical" name, they seem to perform quite nicely.

All three are around €40 shipped.

x2

id also add the Radiopaq Jazz too

Feb 12, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jelte12345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My budget is 50 euro's and I live in the Netherlands.

If you are a basshead, see if you can find Fischer Audio Eterna there.

Feb 12, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2

id also add the Radiopaq Jazz too

I had intended to include the Jazz but amp3 seems to be out of them and I don't think HMV ships to the Netherlands...

FA Eternas are a good call too if you can find them.

Feb 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

I had intended to include the Jazz but amp3 seems to be out of them and I don't think HMV ships to the Netherlands...

FA Eternas are a good call too if you can find them.

I found some dutch shops who sell the jazz and the classic. which one is better, they're both being sold for €39 exc shipping. I like bass but it must cover to much of the other tones and I mostly listen to pop and rock.
meelectronics Ai-M6 can't be bought in the Netherlands. so I would have to pay a lot of import cost's and other taxes. because of that it would be a lot more expensive. it would probebly be about €50 inc shipping
The pl-50's cost €55 exc shipping so that's a little out of my budget, but if there a lot better than the others I could think about it.
Edit: the FA Eterna's are also not being sold in the netherlands and they're quite expensive. so that's no option.

Feb 12, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #14 of 19
All of the links that I posted are to websites that will ship to the Netherlands / "Holland" ... that's why I linked to them. I would not be worried about customs, it's unlikely that you will be charged... at least I have never been charged.

I have read that the Jazz is better than the Classical, slightly more bass.

Feb 12, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #15 of 19
I found some headsets with a discount offer from 50%. it isn't the cheapest store so its not the half of the cheapest but still 50% is a lot
I could buy four different ones:
Philips SHN7500 (€ 49,50)(this one has a noise canceler, but that makes me think about the quality of the sound wich it makes)
Philips SHE9850 (€ 54,50)(this one is only €5 cheaper than in the cheapest store I could find)
Sennheiser CX 95(€ 50,00)
AKG K340(€ 32,50)

I have no idea if one of them is good. could someone tell me if one of these is a good alternative for the previously mentioned IEM's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back