Cute x 3 = Adorable!
Nov 14, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #16 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerG
Socks, lol, I know what you mean. Unfortunately my day job keeps getting in the way. I can take the cuties to work, but I can't get to head-fi from there (not work related indeed).

Oh, I didn't mean for you to hurry. I was trying to make a clever lil' pun on how people say that one amp sounds 'faster' than another.
icon10.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 12:35 PM Post #18 of 48
Good morning!

Borat, that is the one that is going to work with me today. Thanks for reminding me to make sure I packed the right PSU.

Socks, I got it, and I thought it was funny.

VR6, the K-1000 are rated at 1 watt rms, I think. I will have to check the manual. They are rated at 120 ohms. The Big Joe is rated at 8 volts rms. My math gives .5 wpc into that 120 ohms. Sufficient on paper for most listeners. I guess one could always get 2 and drive them balanced
wink.gif

gerG

Nov 15, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #21 of 48
I also have Fubar II and the spirfire but the two smaller amps not the power amp. I got rid of some stuff around the house so I have more time to seriously listen to these units now. Should I make a new thread? Sorry. Maybe I'll just write in this on.
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #22 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
The back of the Fubar 2 looks like this (notice the power switch and dc input)...

http://www.firestone-audio.com/photo/fubar2_2_l.JPG[img]

The Fubar 1 has an ac input and no power switch.[/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

better image:

[img]http://www.firestone-audio.com/photo/fubar2_2.JPG

Nov 20, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #25 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
You are telling me that the Big Joe can drive the K1000? Even my Melos can't do that!

ok, now that I have had some time with the gear: hell yes, Big Joe sounds great with the K-1000. I can push it into clipping, but the K1000 was doing its own distortion by then.

I also tried the Fubar-II with the supermini and Ety ER4S. Very nice combo. I will have more details on that in the near future.

However, the Spitfire is in a whole different league than the Fu-2. It just plain trounced my Emu 1820m. The Spitfire + Big Joe + K-1000 has been a very nice surprise indeed.

gerG

Nov 20, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #26 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerG
However, the Spitfire is in a whole different league than the Fu-2. It just plain trounced my Emu 1820m.

gerG

eek.gif

And this was using the 1820m digital/optical -> Spitfire vs. 1820m analog output I take it? Very interesting indeed!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 20, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #27 of 48
Thanks GerG, this is great news!

Nov 20, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #28 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by luukas
eek.gif

And this was using the 1820m digital/optical -> Spitfire vs. 1820m analog output I take it? Very interesting indeed!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hi Luukas. You are exactly correct.

Andrea, yes it is great news. Unfortunately it means more work for me. I thought that I would get away with a simple comparison, but the capability of the Spitfire has escalated the game, so I now have it in my main system to see what it can do.

lan, pleas keep us updated. Some discussion during these evaluations is always helpful.

gerG

Nov 20, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #29 of 48
Looks nice, does anyone know if the Spitfire comes in the other colours?

What is the Big Joe running? Is it a T amp or...?

Nov 21, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magsy
Looks nice, does anyone know if the Spitfire comes in the other colours?

Hi Magsy
The Spitfire only comes in the gun metal grey.
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back