TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro
Nov 10, 2014 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 533

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus

http://www.thecustomart.com/index.php

US CIEM Demo Tour, Featuring:
  • Harmony 8 Pro ($1155*) – Solid Fill Silicone, 8BA , 3-Way, Musical: Harmony series combines best features from each series – musicality and accuracy to create top-tier sounding CIEMs.
  • Music One ($235*) – Solid Fill Silicone, 1BA, 1-Way, Balanced: Music Series always strives to achieve the best quality to price ratio possible - vented receiver for better bass response.
  • Music Two ($405*) – Solid Fill Silicone, 2BA, 2-Way, Slight V: Equipped with separate woofer and tweeter tuned for boosting lower range without overcoming midrange - vented receiver for better bass response.
  • Pro 330v2 ($625*) – Solid Fill Silicone, 3BA, 2-Way, Analytical: Pro Series focuses on accuracy and details.

*Converted from Euros, US pricing will fluctuate.

Reviews/Opinion Links:

With the lavish praise being paid the Harmony 8 pro in the Head-Fi community by those who have heard all the TOTL CIEMs to know the differences, I needed to hear it for myself. Being relatively new to the market and located in Poland, this posed a problem. To make a long story short, I offered Peter – CustomArt’s owner and CIEM designer genius – to host a US tour and he accepted. Making it even better, he offered to include the M1, M2, and Pro330v2 in the tour. Reading average_joe’s stellar review of the M1, I needed to know what is going on to make him like a 1BA CIEM so much. Having heard the M1, now I understand, wow. My first impressions of all three - M1, M2, and Pro330v2 – makes me want to hear the H8P that much more. All I will say for now is that there is a unique clarity and natural tone to these demos that I have not heard before outside of my NT6pro and that the M1 at roughly $235 converted from Euros is now my value CIEM favorite. 

Tour Logistics:
The tour includes demos for all the CIEMs listed above and will be done in two parts. Part one includes the M1, M2, and Pro330v2 which are already in my possession. Part two will start as soon as the H8P demo is completed and in my hands with it following the same tour order slightly delayed by two or three weeks. To keep shipping costs low and logistics simple, this is a US tour only. If you are outside the US, please PM Peter (piotrus-g) directly with the request. He may decide to host other smaller tours following this one if warented. The good news for US participants is that we should be able to accomidate all those interested.

Tour Instructions (7 Day Audition):
Following the signup period, the participant list will be organized logistically to minimize shipping costs starting from Seattle. The the tour will begin with the first in the list for a 7-day audition. Thereafter they will be responsible to deliver or ship the demo kit to the next participant in the list.

• Upon Receipt:
    • Post: Please immediately post on the thread both receipt and condition of the demo kit.
    • PM: Please immediately PM the next participant on the list to arrange delivery (if local) or shipping. This step is critical to avoid delaying the tour. It is each participants responsibility to keep the tour moving. If the participant is unresponsive for all three days of your audition, it is your responsibility to move on to the next in the list so the tour does not get stalled. Please PM Barra with any issues.
  • Issues: Please PM Barra with any issues.
    • Dropping Out: Please PM Barra if you feel you cannot fullfil your tour responsibilites and I will pull you from the list.
  • Optional Review: Reviews are completely optional, but greatly appreciated by all Head-Fi members.
    • Thoughts/Impressions: Feel free to post your thoughts, initial impressions, pairing results, or even informal reviews or comparisons right here on this thread.
    • Formal Reviews: While you are welcome to post formal reviews on this thread, they are often more manageable if you use the Head-Fi review fuctionality and post a link here for people to follow.

Tour Kit / Included Tips:
The Kit comes as pictured below and has limited tips. Yes they are silicone CIEMs and yes those are really nice cables. If you look really closely, you may also notice that these are also solid filled which I wasn’t expecting never having seen a silicone CIEM before. Yes it does seem to effect the sound eliminating unwanted resonance that I had not actually noticed in acrylics before until now that I can compare. Peter suggests that the included foams (Comply T100) should be used because they give closest experience to custom. However, other right sized tips that can be used include:
  1. Westone Star silicone
  2. Shure Grey flex
  3. Comply T100

NOTE: The tips supplied are brought up in case participants do not want to share the limited tip supply or want to try other options. Also as pictured below, the stems are not the typical larger demo sizes being rather small – so your typical demo tip collection may not work. This may require some planning ahead to make sure that you can properly audition this kit.

H8P Polarity:

To avoid confusion and poor sound quality due to reversed polarity, here are tips on getting polarity correct on the H8P:
  • Cable polarity: positive pin on the cable is marked with dot.
  • Monitor polarity: positive pin in socket is on top - furthest from the stem.
  • Left cable connection (blue dot): should be attached to left monitor (with blue/silver wires inside) with dot facing your head
  • Right cable connection (red dot): should be attached to right monitor (with red/silver wires) with dot facing away from your head.

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 533
Tour Participant List:
We are now signing up participants and building our list. The good news is that we will do our best to accommodate all US Head-Fiers that wish to participate. The list will be adjusted for logistics as we go to keep shipping costs down starting on the West Coast and moving East.

West Coast: Completed - Transferred to Australia Tour

Name:                              Location:
  • Barra                            Woodinville, WA
  • Barrasr                         Bellevue, WA
  • H2Ologd                       Duvall, WA    
  • Miceblue                       Bellevue, WA
  • alpha421                       Bellevue, WA
  • Ericr                             Issaquah, WA
  • Earthpeople                 Seattle, WA
  • Soundsgoodtome       Seattle, WA     
  • Poetik                          Fife, WA
  • [color=rgb(0, 0, 255)]nmatheis[/color]                      Portland, OR
  • [color=rgb(0, 0, 255)]emusic13[/color]                     Eugene,Oregon
  • ChrisSC                        Los Angeles, CA
  • [color=rgb(0, 0, 255)]Ivabign[/color]                         Orange County, CA 
  • Wild                             San Clemente, CA
  • [color=rgb(0, 0, 255)]Y260[/color]                            Waianae, HI
  • jh0720                         San Diego, CA
  • coolmingli                    San Francisco, CA
  • ExpiredLabel               Portland, OR
  • [color=#0000FF]saxophonix777[/color]            Buellton, CA

* Orange signifies those that missed the H8P on the first leg of the tour. Those participants will get a second shot at the full kit at the end of the tour.

East Coast:

Ei.3 Tour - Completed

This is the new Ei.3 tour that is being held in addition to the rest of the lineup tour above. There are 2 demos and therefore again a West and an East Coast/Canadian Tour. Here is the participant lineup:

West Coast: Completed, In Care of Barra

• Barra                            Woodinville, WA
  • Barrasr                         Bellevue, WA
  • H2Ologd                       Duval, WA
  • Nmatheis                      Portland, OR
  • iamstumper                   Lincoln, CA
  • saxophonix777             Santa Barbara, CA
  • Lagisforeplay                Albuquerque, NM
  • Hisoundfi                      Kenosha, WI

East Coast / Canadian: Completed, In Care of Barra

• Cotnijoe                        St. Louis, MO
  • tskinner3                       Baton Rouge, LA
  • The Dan of Steel          Tampa, FL
  • Dithyrambes                 New York, New York
  • Peareye                       London, Ontario
  • Hakushondaimao          Calgary, Alberta
  • faithguy19                     Lexington, Kentucky
  • Pwn3r4Life                    St. Charles, IL

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 533
Tour Signup:
To sign up for this tour, please post your name, city, and state only – no personal address in the public forum – and then declare that you agree to follow the terms of the tour. That’s it. We reserve the right to turn down application if we find cause, but hope to accomidate all those US Head-Fi’ers that are interested.

Signups begin now, and will remain open during the tour welcoming late comers. However, we reserve the right to end signups at any time so please don’t hesitate or you may lose out. The tour will start when we have enough participants to create a reasonable list. Have fun!

Example Signup Post: From Barra: I live in Woodinville, WA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #4 of 533
I live in Woodinville, WA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Nov 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #9 of 533
I live in Saint Louis, MO and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Nov 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #12 of 533
I live in Duvall, WA and would like to participate. I agree to the terms of the agreement.

Nov 10, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #15 of 533
I live in Orange County, CA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back