CUSTOMART AU/NZ CIEM Demo Lineup Tour
Aug 4, 2015 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 93

boneofimba

100+ Head-Fier

http://www.thecustomart.com/index.php

credits to @Barra for his assistance in setting up the tour

AU/NZ CIEM Demo Tour, Featuring:
  • Harmony 8 Pro (€925*) – Solid Fill Silicone, 8BA, 3-Way, Musical: Harmony series combines best features from each series – musicality and accuracy to create top-tier sounding CIEMs.
  • Music One (€189*) Solid Fill Silicone, 1BA, 1-Way, Balanced: Music Series always strives to achieve the best quality to price ratio possible - vented receiver for better bass response.
  • Music Two (€325*) – Solid Fill Silicone, 2BA, 2-Way, Slight V: Equipped with separate woofer and tweeter tuned for boosting lower range without overcoming midrange - vented receiver for better bass response.
  • Pro 330v2 (€500*) – Solid Fill Silicone, 3BA, 2-Way, Analytical: Pro Series focuses on accuracy and details.
*Price for non-detachable version.

Reviews/Opinion Links:

Following up CustomArt US Tour set up by @Barra I emailed CustomArt owner Peter @piotrus-g whether he could do a similar tour within the Australian/New Zealand region, with me hosting it. Personally this is my first time trying a silicone CIEM (admit it, you’ll likely never try one before).

Tour Logistics:
The tour includes demos for all the CIEMs listed above. To keep logistics simple the tour will be done per region on the following basis:
NSW > ACT > VIC > QLD > WA > NZ

Tour Instructions (7 Day Audition):
Following the signup period, the participant list will be organized logistically to minimize shipping costs starting from NSW. The tour will begin with the first in the list for a 7-day audition. Thereafter they will be responsible to deliver or ship the demo kit to the next participant in the list. Please adhere to the tour rules to ensure smooth transition between tour members, keep in mind other members are patiently waiting to listen to the kit.
  • Upon Receipt:
    • Post: Please immediately post on the thread both receipt and condition of the demo kit.
    • PM: Please immediately PM the next participant on the list to arrange a meetup (if local) or shipping via express post with signature and tracking. This step is critical to avoid delaying the tour. It is each participant’s responsibility to keep the tour moving. If the participant is unresponsive for all three days of your audition, it is your responsibility to move on to the next in the list so the tour does not get stalled. Please PM me with any issues.
  • Issues: Please PM me with any issues.
    • Dropping Out: Please PM me if you feel you cannot fulfil your tour responsibilities and I will pull you from the list.
  • Optional Review: Reviews are completely optional, but greatly appreciated by all Head-Fi members.
    • Thoughts/Impressions: Feel free to post your thoughts, initial impressions, pairing results, or even informal reviews or comparisons right here on this thread.
    • Formal Reviews: While you are welcome to post formal reviews on this thread, they are often more manageable if you use the Head-Fi review functionality and post a link here for people to follow.

Tour Kit / Included Tips:
The Kit comes as pictured below and has limited tips. Yes they are silicone CIEMs and yes those are really nice cables. If you look really closely, you may also notice that these are also solid filled which I wasn’t expecting never having seen a silicone CIEM before. Yes it does seem to effect the sound eliminating unwanted resonance that I had not actually noticed in acrylics before until now that I can compare. Peter suggests that the included foams (Comply T100) should be used because they give closest experience to custom. However, other right sized tips that can be used include:
  1. Westone Star silicone
  2. Shure Grey flex
  3. Comply T100

NOTE: The tips supplied are brought up in case participants do not want to share the limited tip supply or want to try other options. Also as pictured below, the stems are not the typical larger demo sizes being rather small – so your typical demo tip collection may not work. This may require some planning ahead to make sure that you can properly audition this kit.

H8P Polarity:

To avoid confusion and poor sound quality due to reversed polarity, here are tips on getting polarity correct on the H8P:
  • Cable polarity: positive pin on the cable is marked with dot.
  • Monitor polarity: positive pin in socket is on top - furthest from the stem.
  • Left cable connection (blue dot): should be attached to left monitor (with blue/silver wires inside) with dot facing your head
  • Right cable connection (red dot): should be attached to right monitor (with red/silver wires) with dot facing away from your head.

Aug 4, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 93
Tour Participant List:
We are now signing up participants and building our list. The list will be adjusted for logistics as we go through the tour members.
           Name:                               Location:
  • @boneofimba                      Sydney, NSW
  • @H20Fidelity                       42 Wallaby way, Sydney
    regular_smile .gif
  • @vhsownsbeta                    Balgowlah, NSW
  • @angelo898                        Kensington, NSW
  • @DJScope                           Merrylands, NSW << currently here
  • @askjeebs                           Merrylands, NSW
  • @n05ey                               Stanhope Gardens, NSW
  • @svyr                                  Melbourne, VIC
  • @maguire                            Mill Park, VIC
  • @NeObliviscaris                    Doncaster East, VIC
  • @Loquah                              Seaford, VIC
  • @Wyd4                                Ballarat, VIC
  • @fnkcow                              Perth, WA
  • @62ohm                              Auckland, New Zealand
  • @daduy                               Wellington, New Zealand
  • @ade_hall                            Wellington, New Zealand
  • @Brooko                              Invercargill, New Zealand

Tour Signup:
To sign up for this tour, please post your suburb, and state only – no personal address in the public forum – and then declare that you agree to follow the terms of the tour. That’s it. We reserve the right to turn down application if we find a problem.
Signups begin now, and will remain open up until 1st September 2015, that is four weeks from now. Have fun!

Example Signup Post: From boneofimba: I live in Sydney, NSW and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Aug 4, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #5 of 93
I live in Invercargill, New Zealand and would like to participate in the tour.  I agree to the terms of the tour.

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #9 of 93
My name's Igor and I live in Merrylands, Sydney, NSW and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Good ol' copy/paste! Thanks Noa! 
biggrin.gif

Edited with name and suburb.

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #10 of 93
I live in Sydney, NSW and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Really looking forward to this. 
smile.gif

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #14 of 93
  Quote:

a little brain fart here, for the signup please post your name, suburb, and state.

well at least I know the general area for all three of you without the statement
wink_face.gif

I've updated mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back