Custom sleeves for Shure SE535
Feb 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Pindi

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm currently using Shure SE535s with custom sleeves and I'm loving them.  One major problem however is how easily the sleeves slip off each monitor.  This has resulted in lost sleeves and me searching hours on end from time to time for ones I've dropped.

Has anyone else had similar problems and if so, how did you resolve it?  I've always wondered if there are custom sleeves that envelope the monitor totally but so far, I've found nothing of the sort.

Any help is much appreciated as replacing the sleeves is getting boring and pretty expensive.

Thanks,

Pindi

Feb 23, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 3
Probably not recommended but if I were having your issue. I would VERY CAREFULLY use a bit of silicone sealent between the tip and nozzle shaft. Another option is a contact cement that tends to say pliable. If toy don't like adhesives, a small ring of heat shring around the rib on the nozzle may do it. Just make sure that you've got some standard nozzle showing at the tip end.

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks. I wouldn't want to use adhesives but I may look into the heat shrink. The only other thing I can think of would be a reshell but for that price, I may as well throw a bit more cash in and just get some proper custom iems.

Sleeves that wrap around would be perfect but it looks like they don't exist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back