Custom portable amp holders
Jun 17, 2010 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

cifani090

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, everyone.

First of all thaks for answering all my questions,etc. And i was thinking of making a little side job, and selling custom made portable amp holders. What do you Head-Fi'rs think. I would be able to do any color, but i personally think the black and gray would be the most popular. Please voice your opinion. Thanks

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #3 of 24
Pictures please

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #4 of 24
Yeah, some photos would be nice. I've been looking to buy a case for my PA2V2. Preferably with a belt clip. Black works for me.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #6 of 24
@Berserker

PLEASE post a pic of this.

I'm not trying to poke fun at you, I just want to see if we're truly in the 21st Century VS the Walkman Era... Hahaha

PS: "Reply" never works the right way...

Jun 18, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #7 of 24
Post a pic of what, my PA2V2? Poke fun at me for what?

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #8 of 24
I'd like to see something that would fit the iBasso D10, Portaphile (about the same size) and/or the Minibox E,  WOuld suggest something like the material found in digital camera cases.

Sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to more info

Jun 18, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #9 of 24
Belt Clip & Sansa Clip+ & PA2V2 & cans

I need to find someone who will carry the most ridiculous setup with them just to prove that we haven't come a long way since the Walkman (just a joke, because we have).

Thinking HiFiman + iBasso + thick thick cables + Eletrostatic Headphones

Jun 18, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #10 of 24

Quote:
Belt Clip & Sansa Clip+ & PA2V2 & cans

I need to find someone who will carry the most ridiculous setup with them just to prove that we haven't come a long way since the Walkman (just a joke, because we have).

Thinking HiFiman + iBasso + thick thick cables + Eletrostatic Headphones

It was more for novelty than anything else. I've been looking for a case for my PA2V2 more for protection than anything. The only time I use my Clip+ outside the house is to mow, and I wear them at work. The Clip+, and some decent IEM's are all that's needed. But, admittedly, if I were sitting outside in the sun, sipping on a glass of vino, I would wear the amp/Clip+ combo, lol.
ksc75smile.gif
Aaaahhhh, life is good indeed...

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #11 of 24
They would be make out of a silicone or a resin. I think what i would do is possibly have you guys send in your portable amp's etc, and i would than measure them and make a custom band for them. This is still in the workings, so nothing is final.

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #13 of 24
So, you're talking about a band, not a case?

Jun 18, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #15 of 24

Quote:
I don't think anyone is going to send you their amp when these are already available in various colors and sizes online. What is the advantage of a custom size when they stretch?

Exactly. This seems to be a joke. My son gets those bands as a reward in school when he "gets caught reading" at lunch time. Good thing for me 'cause I get them, and his school color is purple...my favorite!

There's a pic of my primitive clip for the PA2v2 that I used to own...in the PA2v2 appreciation thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back