Custom earphone tips for Westone 4R
Nov 14, 2012 at 8:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Krisman

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I used to have some custom tips for my old Westone UM3X earphones but recently went up to the 4Rs and the tips are not compatible. I got them from a Welsh company called Minerva who could not adjust them for me having recently changed their production/tooling equipment.

So the hunt is on for either acrylic of silicone custom eartips again!

I would prefer a UK based company but am willing to look elsewhere if need be.

Other suggestions also welcome!!! :)

Thanks

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #2 of 12
I'm sure minerva would happily do the tips if you get some new impressions done, might be worth an ask.

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #5 of 12
http://www.theheadphonecompany.co.uk/headphones/westone-headphones-westone-um56-custom-adapter-earphone-tips.php

Cheers

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
Hi guys,

I used to have some custom tips for my old Westone UM3X earphones but recently went up to the 4Rs and the tips are not compatible. I got them from a Welsh company called Minerva who could not adjust them for me having recently changed their production/tooling equipment.

So the hunt is on for either acrylic of silicone custom eartips again!

I would prefer a UK based company but am willing to look elsewhere if need be.

Other suggestions also welcome!!! :)

Thanks

Krisman, um56 custon mold (pvc) is the best option for your w4r.  IMOP  UM3x/w4 share the same nozzle size!  is compatible!

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
Thanks guys! I heard the Westone ones use hard acrylic so will keep looking for silicone ones first :)

UM56 are made in pvc or silicone material!  pvc the best. For sq purpose!  :wink:

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
Krisman, um56 custon mold (pvc) is the best option for your w4r.  IMOP  UM3x/w4 share the same nozzle size!  is compatible!

Hey, thanks. I have now got my molds done. Got them from Proguard (Sensorcom) in the UK. Fantastic silicone molds and are much more comfortable than the Minerva hard molds. The UM3x RC and W4R do not have the same nozzle size/shape so are not compatible.

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
Hey, thanks. I have now got my molds done. Got them from Proguard (Sensorcom) in the UK. Fantastic silicone molds and are much more comfortable than the Minerva hard molds. The UM3x RC and W4R do not have the same nozzle size/shape so are not compatible.

Why that not compatible?  I have both UM3xrc and w4r and they fit ok! Only difference is the nozzle size. w4 is shorter.  Both diam is same (2mm) At first, I have used my UM56 on my SE530, after on my weston and they fit. Diam same or very similar.
But, unfortunately with time, the bore comm loos a bit!

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

I have both the UM3X and the W4R with silicone tips from 1964 EARS and they are compatible. I'm not sure why you keep saying they are not when everyone else says they do.

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #12 of 12
Ok I will put it another way...the Minerva tips for the UM3x RC are a hard acrylic and DO NOT fit on the W4R tips. The UM3xs have a tiny taper edge at the end and the W4Rs do not. There is only a sub-milimeter difference but it is enough for the Minerva tips to not slide onto the W4Rs. Any softer tips would fit on both for sure but as I said originally that is not what I was dealing with.

Anyway there is no issue now as I got new silicone tips for the W4Rs and much prefer them to the hard Minerva tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back