Custom E3 foamies: I FOUND SOME BASS! [PICS INSIDE]
Apr 3, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by GravY
mine fit over the tube size designed for the e3's.. you are putting a larger size tube on those right? your tube is not as rigid as the stock foamie tube and you can see in your images the your tube is arleady being compressed by your plug, further compression is going to happen when inserted in your ear.. I dont see the upside to this at all..

you mention the plug cannot be insterted very far in your ear due to the size, mine can be inserted to the depth you need, when the plug expands you have a seal that is better than anything I have heard (or not heard
tongue.gif
) before.. the seal is by far better than the stock foamies, the better the seal the better the bass reproduction and clearer your mids and highs, you can listen at low volumes and experience great sound and not have to compete with outside noise..

mine can also be made in the matter of minutes and its quite easy..

I agree that your design is quite optimal for sound reduction and such, and when/if I find that style of foamies I will be making those as well. What yours does not do is significantly increase the soundstage; thus the resonance chmaber. My walls for my foamies are EXTREMELY more rigid then whatever tubes you pull out of the stock yellows. They're a quater inch in diameter. It doesn't matter how much isolation there is, it can't significantly improve anything.

I will extend my "free foamie" offer. I would like 1 person with a E3/E4 and E5. So far I have nc1x for the E4s, so I'd like 1 person with a E3, and another with an E5.

Apr 4, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
I agree that your design is quite optimal for sound reduction and such, and when/if I find that style of foamies I will be making those as well. What yours does not do is significantly increase the soundstage; thus the resonance chmaber. My walls for my foamies are EXTREMELY more rigid then whatever tubes you pull out of the stock yellows. They're a quater inch in diameter. It doesn't matter how much isolation there is, it can't significantly improve anything.

I will extend my "free foamie" offer. I would like 1 person with a E3/E4 and E5. So far I have nc1x for the E4s, so I'd like 1 person with a E3, and another with an E5.

I will take a set for my e3's to test against mine, unless you've already got a taker..

May 2, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli

I'd be happy to test them with my e5s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back