custom DIY or "new" stock cable for d1001?
Dec 6, 2008 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

EraserXIV

Headphoneus Supremus
hey just bought some denon d1001s and i want to recable them because of the improvement in SQ it will achieve. i was thinking about doing a DIY with the mogami 2893, but i also thought about buying stock cables that were already assembled (this will also save out on a lot of work and time, especially since i sometimes find myself wishing that a day had more than 24 hours).

basically what are some cans that have good stock cables that i could use? would these be an improvement over the mogami 2893s? (where could i buy these stock cables too?)

some that i've thought of were d5000 and hd650 cables, how do those two compare with each other and with mogami 2893s? feel free (i encourage you!) to suggest other good stock cables too! thanks.

Dec 6, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #2 of 7
bare in mind you will have to do the soldering within the cups anyway, so really, adding the connector is another 5 minutes of work. and the iron will already be hot
wink.gif

i see no reason not to go with the mogami (keeping in mind ive never used it myself), in that the costs should be relatively similar, and youll have fun modding your own cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 8:27 AM Post #3 of 7
yeah i know i'll have to solder anyway, but if i buy the mogami i will want to cover the wires up, which will take extra time. the y-split is an issue as well, using heat shrink to make a good y-split can be time consuming.

Dec 6, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #4 of 7
Oh my.. So you wan't to mod them but you don't want to 'waste' time on it? Lol...

Just get the Mogami or Canare equivalent.

Dec 6, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my.. So you wan't to mod them but you don't want to 'waste' time on it? Lol...

Just get the Mogami or Canare equivalent.

Well I love modding things, don't get me wrong, but considering the circumstances, if I could save some time and the end product will be the same, why not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggest contacting Lawton Audio. FWIR, the Mogami and Canare cables sound different. So it stands to reason the HD650 and D5000 cables may as well.

Hm.. so are you saying most people don't bother with HD650 and D5000 cables? They just mod the d1001s with mogami or canare?

Dec 7, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #7 of 7
If you would have gone ordering the parts and DIY you would have your cans modded already.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back