Custom cable for my Shure SE535 (which to get?)
Dec 12, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #6 of 18
Silver Dragon cables are around 200 and even more expensive. 

The Beat Audio Cables start at $99 and have amazing built quality. 

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #7 of 18

Quote:

Way to expensive for my taste. I've heard something about the Moon Silver Dragon cable where can i buy it?

You can look at http://www.moon-audio.com/audio-cables/moon-audio-headphone-cables/moon-audio-silver-dragon-v1-iem-cable.html

Only other retailer i know of would be Stage93 in Singapore at http://stage93.com/

Unfortunately the SDs are even more expensive than some of the cables from Beat audio, so you can either get the cheaper options or consider spending more

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #8 of 18

Quote:
Silver Dragon cables are around 200 and even more expensive. 

The Beat Audio Cables start at $99 and have amazing built quality. 

Actually i wonder why they are so expensive? I thought my SE535 were expensive. Are they made of gold? The stock cable is good enough for providing the sound but i can't seem to think they do any wonders to the sound.

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #9 of 18
Yea I agree price of cables are ridiculous at times and there has been a lot of heated debate in the past and probably in the future if it actually makes a sonic improvement. I have heard the Beat Audio Supreme Pro for the IE8 and it made quite a large difference while my silver cables for TF10s and SE530s did not. They are really sort of hit and miss and I would never spent any money upgrading the cables again as there are other more reasonable upgrades which have a bigger impact on sound such as upgrading the source. 

Dec 12, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #10 of 18

Quote:
Which is the ones to get if i would be looking for custom cables for my Shure IEM? I can't stand the standard cables wish meshes itself everytime.

Hi, I was in the same position as as you with regards to the standard cable on my red se535.

The Baldur mk2 cable is the definitive custom cable that I would recommend to you. Search for it in Ebay under Shure se535 cables. Alternatively it's called the Hera mk2 cable in Beat's line up of replacable cables for IEMs. For the $100 or so that you are going to spend on it, there is no better improvement sonically! 

With cables it is all about synergy, buy the wrong one and the sound is awful. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #11 of 18

Quote:
Yea I agree price of cables are ridiculous at times and there has been a lot of heated debate in the past and probably in the future if it actually makes a sonic improvement. I have heard the Beat Audio Supreme Pro for the IE8 and it made quite a large difference while my silver cables for TF10s and SE530s did not. They are really sort of hit and miss and I would never spent any money upgrading the cables again as there are other more reasonable upgrades which have a bigger impact on sound such as upgrading the source. 

Already have a great source the Cowon i7. However such a pitty those cables are so expensive. I can't stand the memory cable the Shure stock cables has. So you think its worthwhile paying  $100 for cables and be happy about it?

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #12 of 18
Ask Chris_Himself to make a cable for you, good prices and you can make it whatever you want almost.

Dec 26, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #13 of 18
I can absolutely guarantee than my DHC Symbiote SE535 cable can blow those cheap chinese made cables out of the water. This cable can make miracles happen with the SE535's, where the cheap chinese cable would probably just self destruct when you started playing some high resolution music.

Nov 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:
Hi, I was in the same position as as you with regards to the standard cable on my red se535.

The Baldur mk2 cable is the definitive custom cable that I would recommend to you. Search for it in Ebay under Shure se535 cables. Alternatively it's called the Hera mk2 cable in Beat's line up of replacable cables for IEMs. For the $100 or so that you are going to spend on it, there is no better improvement sonically! 

With cables it is all about synergy, buy the wrong one and the sound is awful. 

Do you mean the custom cable such as Baldur mk2 or Hera mk2 will not further improve the sound quality in the SE535?
Will these cable (Baldur mk2 or Hera mk2) improve the sound quality in the lower end such as SE215?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back