Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3
Sep 24, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #226 of 343
I'm yet to receive my pair but so far everything is going smoothly. CA staff has been very responsive and open for my inquiries and since it was my first custom order i was real pain in the ass. They were kind enough to invite me to their lab in Warsaw so i did visit them. I'll let you know my impressions after i receive my order. So far so good

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #227 of 343
I'm yet to receive my pair aswell. But customer service is excellent. Fast replies. I had loads of questions, plenty of stupid ones, and i got answers to all. Even some changes and additions to order, all went without problem. If you dig some more, you will find plenty of praise words on CustomArt. And i have not seen any bad words.

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #228 of 343
I got mine. Testing is underway. I don't want to give my impressions now because they haven't fully burned in yet and I have a feeling that they are going to change a good amount. I also don't have access to a decent source or source files at the moment. I like them so far, so there's  that.

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #229 of 343
  I got mine. Testing is underway. I don't want to give my impressions now because they haven't fully burned in yet and I have a feeling that they are going to change a good amount. I also don't have access to a decent source or source files at the moment. I like them so far, so there's  that.

i'm two weeks out. keep us posted while they burn in...

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #230 of 343

If you start smelling something funny in the next days, don't worry. It'll be your brain burning in.
wink.gif

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #234 of 343
Oct 3, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #237 of 343
Can anyone here compare the Ei.3 to Music Two? 

I've heard both but a separate times. From memory, M2 is more tilted towards an energetic top end end has quicker bass that responds well to EQ in case you need extra oomph. Ei.3 us more tilted towards the low end, with bass that has a dynamic driver organic quality and smooth top end. I thought both would be good all around CIEM - just depends on which sound sig you're looking for most of the time. Then apply EQ as needed to liven things up.

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #238 of 343
I've heard both but a separate times. From memory, M2 is more tilted towards an energetic top end end has quicker bass that responds well to EQ in case you need extra oomph. Ei.3 us more tilted towards the low end, with bass that has a dynamic driver organic quality and smooth top end. I thought both would be good all around CIEM - just depends on which sound sig you're looking for most of the time. Then apply EQ as needed to liven things up.

Thanks! According to Piotr, the Music Two is supposed to be the more technically better earphone, but is really more of a sidegrade next to Ei.3. Basically he said precisely what you're saying. It's probably down to user preference. I wish I could hear both before buying as I feel like I have no particular preference. I own both the Denon D5K so I like bass but I also have the Q701 so I like treble. That makes me feel like I'd love a good V curve but then I also liked the Shure SE530 and love my UE TF10. Lol. I'm pretty much all over the place. 

I definitely like more of a wider presentation. I think by far I enjoyed my IE8 most from what I own. I'm getting the Ei.xx so I guess it would make more sense to get the Music Two? I think the Ei.xx takes a lot of inspiration from the Ei.3 so there isn't as much a point to buying both the Ei.3 and the Ei.xx for their sound signature... right?

Just when I thought I had it all settled on Music One, I get the urge to upgrade :frowning2:

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #239 of 343
Glad I could be a surrogate Peter :wink:

I've heard all but the Ei.XX now :L3000:

M2 spanked M1 IMHO. If you're scared of treble, M1 makes more sense otherwise M2 all the way, baby!

Why another CA IEM if you're already getting Ei.XX? At that level of proficiency, you could just use EQ to achieve different sound signatures.

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #240 of 343
I don't want to carry around a 750 dollar CIEM (with my configuration) but because I've been having issues with fit in my current universal IEMs I want a cheaper alternative for daily use. I have no doubt that I will be upgrading to the M2 or Ei.3 since CIEMs don't have strong resale values and I'd probably keep them for years to come. Being that is the case, I don't mind buying something more expensive as I'm sure it will be worth it. Just gotta decide between the two. I am definitely leaning towards M2 at the moment though. 

I'm not scared to treble. But I know that extremes in either frequency low or high makes for uncomfortable listening. I'm definitely happy with my TF10 and IE8, so I can definitely take both in spades. But I'd run for the hills when I see Beats by Dre coming my way. 

If I like treble, sounds like M2, if I prefer bass, sounds like Ei.3. So how do they compare in terms of mid-range and soundstage? width and depth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back