Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3
Sep 2, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #196 of 343

Just looked at the UERM for comparison since I haven't looked at UE since the Logitech buyout, $1k for a 3 driver Acrylic CIEM and you can't choose the design? Holy crap, the more I look around the more I learn how awesome Piotr actually is.

I think Piotr would like you to go straight to him. And I'm not aware of CA working with "local" dealers.

I think labelling the UERM as just another "3 driver acrylic custom" does not do it justice, though. The reference sound that the UERM can produce is truly magical and appeals towards a different group of audiophiles/performers that search for that crystal clear, uncoloured sound.

Agreed 100%. If uve never heard the UERM and ur saying how its only 3 drivers... Ur doing it wrong.

That being said, the Ei.3 is an awesome iem and probably one of the best custom u can get at its price. Its no where near as resolving as the UERM though

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #197 of 343
Agreed 100%. If uve never heard the UERM and ur saying how its only 3 drivers... Ur doing it wrong.

That being said, the Ei.3 is an awesome iem and probably one of the best custom u can get at its price. Its no where near as resolving as the UERM though

Good points. Having 3 drivers doesn't make an IEM good or bad - there's so much more to it. There are IEMs with more drivers that aren't better than the Ei.3, even though the others might cost more money.

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #198 of 343

Good points. Having 3 drivers doesn't make an IEM good or bad - there's so much more to it. There are IEMs with more drivers that aren't better than the Ei.3, even though the others might cost more money.

"Better" is not a very good word to use when comparing sound, I'd say. Each IEM has a unique sound signature that defines it, and appeals to different groups on people based on their music taste. Some people may find the UERM too flat and "boring", who knows. The only fair way to compare is based on singling out the iem's performance on different categories, such as soundstage, bass, treble and mids.

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #199 of 343
  "Better" is not a very good word to use when comparing sound, I'd say. Each IEM has a unique sound signature that defines it, and appeals to different groups on people based on their music taste. Some people may find the UERM too flat and "boring", who knows. The only fair way to compare is based on singling out the iem's performance on different categories, such as soundstage, bass, treble and mids.

Fair point and kind of the same point. Number of drivers, specs on paper, etc. do not necessarily make for better / worse earphones...

Sep 8, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #201 of 343
Besides the fact they feel softer when inserting or making really weird faces, I find that well fitting acryl or silicone monitors aren't that different

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #202 of 343
  Can anyone compare how a silicone custom feels compared to an acrylic one like the ei.3?

I can't speak for acrylic customs, but the canals of silicone customs do have a nice flex to them, making them quite comfortable to insert. That and they bounce when you drop them.

Please don't drop them. 

Sep 9, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #203 of 343
  Can anyone compare how a silicone custom feels compared to an acrylic one like the ei.3?

I have both silicone & acrylic (music one & EI3)
Would say both are very well made (bravo Piotr), very comfortable (I could use EI3 for many hours in an oversea flight, like 4/5 hours in a raw) but still I find silicone a little bit more comfortable (softer) as they disappear from the start while acrylic needs few minutes to adjust & disappear.

Canals are a bit longer on acrylic too vs. silicone

Sep 9, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #204 of 343
  Canals are a bit longer on acrylic too vs. silicone

It is the complete opposite for me: H8Pro have the longest canals amongst all my CIEMs.

Sep 17, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #206 of 343
@Cocolinho so you are pleased with your Ei.3 ?

Hey @MrButchi

Oh yeah , they are f@#! great !
I'm trying to free up some time to make a feedback on TN but I have so many new toys on my table right now ...
But I could give them quite a big head-time last past weeks (business travels) and I really, I mean REALLY enjoyed those Ei3. To be fair, out of my Sony Z2 they sound great but out of my new oppo HA-2, just WOW: fantastic bass, great mids, soft treble, nice detail retrival, nice soundstage, for sure a "fatigue-free but still fun" set of headphones. I could use this set for 4/5 hours in a row, no issue.
They are very polyvalent also, I can listen any genres with them, no problem (HD800 owner). Really can't complain for the price. 

Sep 18, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #210 of 343
Ei.3 is the first CIEM I have felt compelled to start saving up for. Hopefully when Black Friday rolls around I'll have my bonus. And there'll be a discount. *hint hint*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back