Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3
Aug 31, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #183 of 343
Does Ei.3 stand for anything? I get that 3 is the number of drivers per side, but I can't figure out Ei...

"E"n "i"xpensive 3   

just kidding  XD  : )))) 

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #185 of 343
Sep 1, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #187 of 343
  Haha! got asked this a lot "Ei" also stands for three :wink: in Aztec language

Oh?? Now I'm even more keen on it haha.. I like the number 3. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #188 of 343
Originally Posted by piotrus-g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some graphs as promised.

(Measured with IEC711 coupler UNCOMPENSATED)

Sorry that some graphs are not superimposed to 1kHz but I don't have those IEMs now to make new graphs meet at 1kHz.

ei.3 and UERM aligned at 1Khz.

Why is the resonance around 7Khz so common?

Sep 1, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #190 of 343
Originally Posted by piotrus-g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's from driver resonance. Both Ei.3 and UERM (in this case ) use driver from the same family.

Source

Three balanced armatures inside: two Sonion 2300-derived drivers for the mids and highs, and a Knowles CI-derived driver for the lows. Drivers are proprietary to Ultimate Ears.

The frequency response of the ei.3 looks really good relative to the UERM. Pretty amazing for $300. Will the ei.3 be in silicone?

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #192 of 343
That's crazy how close the Ei.3 and UERM look in pure frequency response when you consider the price difference. Of course there is much more to it than just FR, but I can now begin to understand why the Ei.3 is so good and why people like the UERM so much.

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #193 of 343
  That's crazy how close the Ei.3 and UERM look in pure frequency response when you consider the price difference. Of course there is much more to it than just FR, but I can now begin to understand why the Ei.3 is so good and why people like the UERM so much.

Yea! I really liked the UERM universal my friend let me try. Probably will spring for the Ei.3, once I manage to save up enough money anyway... Is it advisable to go direct to CA or to go through a local dealer?

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #194 of 343
Just looked at the UERM for comparison since I haven't looked at UE since the Logitech buyout, $1k for a 3 driver Acrylic CIEM and you can't choose the design? Holy crap, the more I look around the more I learn how awesome Piotr actually is.

Yea! I really liked the UERM universal my friend let me try. Probably will spring for the Ei.3, once I manage to save up enough money anyway... Is it advisable to go direct to CA or to go through a local dealer?

I think Piotr would like you to go straight to him. And I'm not aware of CA working with "local" dealers.

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #195 of 343
  Just looked at the UERM for comparison since I haven't looked at UE since the Logitech buyout, $1k for a 3 driver Acrylic CIEM and you can't choose the design? Holy crap, the more I look around the more I learn how awesome Piotr actually is.

I think Piotr would like you to go straight to him. And I'm not aware of CA working with "local" dealers.

I think labelling the UERM as just another "3 driver acrylic custom" does not do it justice, though. The reference sound that the UERM can produce is truly magical and appeals towards a different group of audiophiles/performers that search for that crystal clear, uncoloured sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back