Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3
May 13, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #91 of 343
Can we see resolution and transparency from graphs, and which one and how?
And also black background?

You are talking about very subjective things, so the answer is of course - no, you can't see them on the graphs.

On the other hand, up to date I did not find any two definitions of terms like "transparency", "resolution" or "black background" which at least be would be similar, and if at first sight they look similar after careful analysis I see that they are either actually different or developers of those definition does not have a clue what set of characteristics define "transparency", "resolution" or "black background. I myself don't have a clue what "resolution" means. Of course I'm using this term but at the same time I'm fully conscious that others most likely use this term to denote other aspects of sound. For those reasons the fact that one cannot see such subjective terms (and which are oftenly used by reviewers to create "mystery" about audio equipment) does not show "imperfections" of graphs. In other words, graphs show what is most objective in sound and this is sufficient.

May 13, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #92 of 343

You are talking about very subjective things, so the answer is of course - no, you can't see them on the graphs.

On the other hand, up to date I did not find any two definitions of terms like "transparency", "resolution" or "black background" which at least be would be similar, and if at first sight they look similar after careful analysis I see that they are either actually different or developers of those definition does not have a clue what set of characteristics define "transparency", "resolution" or "black background. I myself don't have a clue what "resolution" means. Of course I'm using this term but at the same time I'm fully conscious that others most likely use this term to denote other aspects of sound. For those reasons the fact that one cannot see such subjective terms (and which are oftenly used by reviewers to create "mystery" about audio equipment) does not show "imperfections" of graphs. In other words, graphs show what is most objective in sound and this is sufficient.

I totally agree when you underline the fact that graphs are the most objective way to try describe a CIEM.
Yet, if you manage to get a good idea of how a custom sounds only by looking at graphs, please teach me :wink:

May 13, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #93 of 343

I totally agree when you underline the fact that graphs are the most objective way to try describe a CIEM.
Yet, if you manage to get a good idea of how a custom sounds only by looking at graphs, please teach me :wink:

I did not tell that this is possible:)

At the end of the day our listening impressions are what matters. But graphs can objectively tell us whether a given CIEM has dip in mid highs etc. - in such a case any subjectiveness is removed from our discussions.

May 13, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #94 of 343
Yes there is no objective measurement of transperancy, resolution, balck background and insturment separation. And yes objective properties is partially uınderstanded from graphs. It is true, all is true.

Unfortunately, the performance parameters, which sets to sound qualityand deserved price, is subjective parameters, i.e. resolution, transperancy, instument seperation and so on. Therefore deciding to better one from graphs or similar objective measurements is not a good thing IMO.

May 15, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #95 of 343
I've decided that I'm going to order a "State of Art" Ei.3. Just have to go to the audiologist and get impressions.

I'm thinking Cocobolo or just a rich brown color with Kuntsugi-esque lines. Assuming Piotr can do that. Any outside input? I want them to look good both in and out of my ears regardless of what I'm wearing.

Also, I can't decide if I'd want traditional Kuntsugi lines in gold, or one's in a copper or amber. Decisions...

May 29, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #98 of 343
I just received the UPS notification my Ei3 has shipped. Great news right before the weekend, I didn't expect it for another month.
Thanks Piotr!

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #104 of 343
I received the Ei3 earlier today. I haven't had much time to listen to them yet, but what I noticed first was the bass, vocals and treble. That's really only after 2 songs.

More later :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back