Custom Art – Music Two – Appreciation/Discussion/Impressions/Review Thread
Jun 3, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #61 of 65
I just spent most of the morning wearing them.  I tried various types of music, went jogging with my dog, ate breakfast, etc, and I gotta say, I really like them.  My main reason for going custom was not so much sound, but comfort and practicality.  I don't like fidgeting with my IEMs, and these definitely solved that problem.  Although the fit on the right side may be very slightly less than perfect, I'm fairly confident that I'll adjust. It seems that most people dislike memory wire on cables, but they haven't bothered me so far, even when I wore sunglasses and a hat. 

The sound is perfect for me so far.  My testing isn't complete yet, (I want to listen to some recordings that can be irritating due to sibilance), but this is exactly what I've been looking for.  The bass is perfect in quantity for me; it's bold and clear without beating up my eardrums (I hate when IEMs use my eardrums as speedbags). I'm noticing details in music that I've never noticed before, and can clearly make out each individual instrument.  I am prone to listener to fatigue, and I have experienced none of this so far (again, I haven't done my sibilance testing though).

I have long suspected that I would prefer BA to dynamic, and I think that the reason that I love the sound so much is in fact due to balanced armature drivers.  I get the bass without air movement. 

Jun 6, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #62 of 65
I'm surprised at the microphonics. I think it's because of the memory wire. It completely negates the dampening effect of wrapping the cable around the ear. The olds style (2 pin) Westone cables didn't have any memory wire on them (I think).  Does anyone know of a similar set of cables? I've googled around and couldn't find much. (I'm not a believer in high end cables, so please nothing over $50)

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #63 of 65
  I'm surprised at the microphonics. I think it's because of the memory wire. It completely negates the dampening effect of wrapping the cable around the ear. The olds style (2 pin) Westone cables didn't have any memory wire on them (I think).  Does anyone know of a similar set of cables? I've googled around and couldn't find much. (I'm not a believer in high end cables, so please nothing over $50)

Not sure how much they are in the states but seriously consider the linum range.  No memory and light as a feather.  The only downside is the fact they tangle so much.  Afraid the 2pin westone style cable does have memory wire and is a pita.

Jun 16, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #65 of 65
@davidcotton
@Rwhulle
Thanks for the recommendations!  LOL, I'm actually excited about the Linum line. I think that cables should disappear, and it looks like their engineers are working to make that happen.  But I might go with the Brevity cables, because i can get them with a mic, which would be pretty handy.  Then again, I've never had a good experience with a microphone on a pair of earphones.  Decision decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back