Custom Art – Music Two – Appreciation/Discussion/Impressions/Review Thread
Sep 19, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #46 of 65
Thanks for the reply. I've been looking at the linum range but I'm worried with them being so thin I'd destroy them. How solid feeling are they? I tend to get through a lot of cables. I was also ideally after a black cable but i think no memory wire is more important than the colour.

Do the BaX affect how the Music Twos sound at all in your experience?

Afraid I'm not the best person to ask on cable difference (think the differences are small at best).  Piotr would be a better person to ask (obviously!).  As for comfort they are second to none.  I wear glasses when using these and memory wire used to be a PITA.  With the linum that issue is gone.  Durability so far seems to be fine for the cable as I'm none too gentle with things at the best of times.  Really the only downside is how much they tangle.

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #47 of 65
So I was originally going to go for a Music One. At this point I never considered the Music Two, ironically, until I started considering the Ei.3. Anyone here know how Ei.3 would compare to Music Two?

Oct 10, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #48 of 65
Does anyone have amp recommendations for the Music Two? I'm worried a lot of headphone amps will have background hiss and be too powerful due to the IEMs' high sensitivity. I'm looking at the FiiO E12A but I'd rather not spend that much.

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #50 of 65
I'm having impressions made today.  The Music Two is probably what I'm going to buy. Any advice?  Is this IEM outdated (in this price range)?  My instinct is to go with detachable cable as I can swap it out if I don't like it, or it wears out.  What's the consensus on that?

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #51 of 65
  I'm having impressions made today.  The Music Two is probably what I'm going to buy. Any advice?  Is this IEM outdated (in this price range)?  My instinct is to go with detachable cable as I can swap it out if I don't like it, or it wears out.  What's the consensus on that?

Go for the detatchable cable.  I didn't on the music one I had and regretted when a fault came up.  When I decided to go for the Two I made sure I had that option in it.

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #52 of 65

Always go for the detachable cables just in case, especially at CIEM level, so if you accidentally break the cable, it's easy to replace, I'm not sure about the Music Two's because they're not acrylic and mine are detachable, but sometimes you'd need to replace the whole IEM or the people have to crack your IEM's open to replace the cable. 
With detachable you can just buy new ones easily, also if you need/want to upgrade cables it's easy.

IMO, in this price range, the Music Two's are unbeatable.

Mar 22, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #53 of 65

I think you should get with detachable cables. Although take note that the cable connection on the earphones can break as well so handle with care. 

As for the performance of the M2, they won't be obsolete any time soon I bet. They're awesome. 

Jun 3, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #59 of 65
They came in today!  This is my first pair of CIEMs, so I didn't know exactly what to expect.  I haven't had enough time to fully test them out, but the left monitor disappears within seconds of insertion, and is comfortable.  The right seems a little tight.  Reading the guide in The Headphone List suggests that I shouldn't worry unless it actually hurts, and that my ear will adjust to the sensation.

I was a little surprised to notice how much the sound changes when I move my jaw.  I thought that silicone CIEMs might solve this problem. I've also noticed that these IEMs sound better when my jaw is completely closed than slightly open.  That's weird because my audiologist had me use a bite block. 

All that said, I still love em' so far.  The fact that the sound varies a little as I move my jaw is MUCH better than what I was dealing with when I used UIEMs (they would lose the seal as I moved my jaw, and I had to readjust them every few minutes).  The sound is awesome.  This is also the first set of balanced armatures I've used.  I was kind of surprised by the sound at first, but quickly appreciated the clarity.  Really like it.  

One last note:  I casually tried to unplug them (I did get the removable cables), but they wouldn't budge. I applied enough pressure to where I was concerned that if I were to apply much more, I'd damage them.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  I'm just wondering if this is normal.

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #60 of 65
  They came in today!  This is my first pair of CIEMs, so I didn't know exactly what to expect.  I haven't had enough time to fully test them out, but the left monitor disappears within seconds of insertion, and is comfortable.  The right seems a little tight.  Reading the guide in The Headphone List suggests that I shouldn't worry unless it actually hurts, and that my ear will adjust to the sensation.

I was a little surprised to notice how much the sound changes when I move my jaw.  I thought that silicone CIEMs might solve this problem. I've also noticed that these IEMs sound better when my jaw is completely closed than slightly open.  That's weird because my audiologist had me use a bite block. 

All that said, I still love em' so far.  The fact that the sound varies a little as I move my jaw is MUCH better than what I was dealing with when I used UIEMs (they would lose the seal as I moved my jaw, and I had to readjust them every few minutes).  The sound is awesome.  This is also the first set of balanced armatures I've used.  I was kind of surprised by the sound at first, but quickly appreciated the clarity.  Really like it.  

One last note:  I casually tried to unplug them (I did get the removable cables), but they wouldn't budge. I applied enough pressure to where I was concerned that if I were to apply much more, I'd damage them.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  I'm just wondering if this is normal.

Unless you have a need to unplug the cables (perhaps to swop in one of your own) I would leave well enough alone.  Once that connection is unplugged it can't be that tight again.

Hope you enjoy using your under rated music two's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back