Custom Art – Music Two – Appreciation/Discussion/Impressions/Review Thread
Feb 5, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #32 of 65
Hey. I've been looking for replacements to my Etymotics Research HF5 headphones. I've been looking at the Custom Art's Music Two because of 1) the glowing recommendation of ljokerl on theheadphonelist for the Music One, 2) the fact that the Two seems to offer a better bass, and 3) because of the fact that they're molded earphones.

However, I mostly listen to electronic music, and care (slightly) more for enjoyment and bass than wholly accurate reproduction - though that is also very important! - and piotrus-g mentioned that the Two isn't very bass-heavy. Is this still the right choice for me? It doesn't seem like there are any comparable options in this price range with a comparable level of accuracy and overall quality.

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #33 of 65
It depends how you look at it. I have both HF5 and Music Two. If you compare M2 to HF5, M2 is much more fun, more bass and slightly more treble, more forward. In my opinion it is a big improvement over HF5. However, you can get much more bass heavy earphones.

I listen variety of music including some edm from time to time and M2 is fully satisfying. Of course, your experience may differ...

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #34 of 65
Thank you for your insights. I'll post a thread asking for a recommendation for the specific sound I'm looking for, just to see what other options people can recommend.

I'm still very much in love with the idea of having custom IEMs, so there's a significant chance I'll go for the M2s anyway. Thanks again.

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #35 of 65
Tjalling: I just had the West Coast demo kit a couple weeks ago. I listen to a lot of electronic - Autechre, Boards of Canada, Richard Devine, Senking, etc. Those guys can throw down some bass, and I found that the M2 sounded ok with them with the recommended tips. Bass was just ok. I then checked to see how well M2 would respond to EQ (using iOS Equalizer app) and heard it transform into a different beast when I applied a sloped EQ curve starting at 20Hz and ending at 250Hz. Pre-gain was adjusted to compensate to avoid clipping. M2 sounded much better with electronic music starting the EQ at +3dB, sounded bass heavy when starting the curve at +6dB, and sounded too much for me when starting the curve at +8dB. As always, YMMV.

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #36 of 65
I'm looking to get into customs and the Custom Art Music Two sounds like it would be more than a good fit for me. However, I am very picky when it comes to sound signature, and would like to avoid the huge loss that comes with reselling ciems.

Can anyone point to a full size headphone that sound similar to the Music Two? I am quite familiar with the full size market, but there are so few reviews of the Music Two that it scares me.

Much thanks to all of you in advance for any assistance that you can offer.

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #37 of 65
I'm looking to get into customs and the Custom Art Music Two sounds like it would be more than a good fit for me. However, I am very picky when it comes to sound signature, and would like to avoid the huge loss that comes with reselling ciems.

Can anyone point to a full size headphone that sound similar to the Music Two? I am quite familiar with the full size market, but there are so few reviews of the Music Two that it scares me.

Much thanks to all of you in advance for any assistance that you can offer.

AKG K550/551

Mar 21, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #38 of 65
Looking for my first set of customs.   Joker's glowing review of the Custom Art Music One caught my eye, but I own and love the Eytomotic ER4P/S  Its hard to articulate but what i want in my next pair of iems is all of the detail and resolution and clarity of the ER4 but a more 3D presentation and bigger soundstage.  Do any of you all have both the Er4 and the Custom Art One/Two?. Can you comment?    

Thanks!

Mar 21, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #39 of 65
Looking for my first set of customs.   Joker's glowing review of the Custom Art Music One caught my eye, but I own and love the Eytomotic ER4P/S  Its hard to articulate but what i want in my next pair of iems is all of the detail and resolution and clarity of the ER4 but a more 3D presentation and bigger soundstage.  Do any of you all have both the Er4 and the Custom Art One/Two?. Can you comment?    

Thanks!

I own none of the headphones that you have mentioned but have auditioned the ER4S. The ER4P/S is super bass light. The Custom Art Music two is slightly v-shaped. If you go from the ER4 to the music two, you will be overwhelmed by how much more bass there will be. And looking at charts, the extension on the Music Two doesn't seem to be remarkable, so don't expect soundstage to be fantastic either. But then again, I've yet to see a CIEM under $600 that extends well in the upper frequencies which essentially = bigger soundstage.

Mar 21, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #40 of 65
I own none of the headphones that you have mentioned but have auditioned the ER4S. The ER4P/S is bass light. The Custom Art Music two is slightly v-shaped. If you go from the ER4 to the music two, you will be overwhelmed by how much more bass there will be. I doubt that it is bloated or uncontrolled, but a lot more. And looking at charts, the extension on the Music Two doesn't seem to be remarkable, so don't expect soundstage to be fantastic either. But then again, I've yet to see a CIEM under $600 that extends well in the upper frequencies which essentially = bigger soundstage.

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #43 of 65
Placed my order for my Music Twos yesterday. Pretty psyched! I liked the colour of Sirenia's venoms so much I've asked Piotr to try and reproduce venomous green in silicone for me. 

I went with non-detachable cables but am sort of regretting that so have sent Piotr an email about changing. I hate memory wires, which put me off the detachable ones initially. Does anyone have experience with removing the memory wire?

Sep 18, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #44 of 65
  Placed my order for my Music Twos yesterday. Pretty psyched! I liked the colour of Sirenia's venoms so much I've asked Piotr to try and reproduce venomous green in silicone for me. 

I went with non-detachable cables but am sort of regretting that so have sent Piotr an email about changing. I hate memory wires, which put me off the detachable ones initially. Does anyone have experience with removing the memory wire?

I've got a set of Two Pin Linum Bax that doesn't have memory wire.  Fit well with the music two's. 

Sep 18, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #45 of 65
I've got a set of Two Pin Linum Bax that doesn't have memory wire.  Fit well with the music two's. 

Thanks for the reply. I've been looking at the linum range but I'm worried with them being so thin I'd destroy them. How solid feeling are they? I tend to get through a lot of cables. I was also ideally after a black cable but i think no memory wire is more important than the colour.

Do the BaX affect how the Music Twos sound at all in your experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back