Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted)
Jan 6, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #137 of 247
PM sent to Zombie_X.  Very interested in purchasing the adapter.  Thanks!

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #141 of 247
Hi guys. Has anyone had success with this setup on the Xbox One? I'm looking to use the following: AKG Q701 + v-moda boom mic (via adapter) + astro mixamp pro (2013). I got the antlion modmic, but it doesn't work well with the XBone. Please let me know if any of you know whether or not this setup will work :). Thanks!

Jan 10, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #142 of 247
Today I was going to adhere the magnet to my AKG K7XX so that I could attach my ModMic version 4.0. I was in the process of figuring out where exactly to stick the magnet, in a location that was functional, as well as not so unattractive, when I decided to check back on this thread.  

I'm going to hold off on affixing the Modmic until I decide if I want to purchase the adapter or not. 

Have any of you owned the ModMic version 4.0 and if so how does it compare soundwise to the V-Moda Boom Pro? 

What's the status of the possible mass production of the adapters? Are the ones being hand made now the newer adapter which is much smaller and fashioned from anodized aluminum with custom fashioned internals (to minimize size)? Or are those features for the mass production ones?

Ultimately, do you guys think that the Boom Pro with adapter trumps the Modmic aesthetically and/or soundwise?

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #143 of 247
isn't something like this exactly what is being made here... I'm not a wire guy so I usually just research and ask questions but this looks to be similar to what everyone is looking for?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/945288-REG/samson_saad100b_switchcraft_ta3f_cable_adapter.html 

Eeeeh similar kind of adapter, but the AKGs use mini-XLR instead of 2.5mm plug like in the adapter you linked.

ZombieX's adapter is essentially a compact mini-XLR Jack (headphone's port is "male") to a 3.5mm TRS stereo female. The compact size makes the BoomPro mic not stick out too low below your mouth, but also it lets you use any other 3.5mm male-to-male cable which is a boon if you want a shorter cable than stock or some other cable catches your fancy.

ZombieX made a Mini-XLR to 3.5mm cable for me when my K712 cable got a rip in the insulation (pictured earlier in this thread), it's nicer than AKG stock in my opinion.

Those 10 units are going to be sold before you even wake up, tomorrow! LoL

At least there is an alternative for those who miss out, and those who couldn't wait. I don't agree, however, with the other guy's price point for such a cheap adaptor.

Then again, I'm not surprised as most DIY people, around here, always overprice their stuff/work. But that's a different topic/debate, and we all know its not liked, by some, when criticized.

Luckily, we have a robin hood DIY guy like yourself for us poor people, Zombie!

Right, most DIY'ers charge more for their custom jobs. Like them, I think ZombieX is doing this himself, by hand, when he's not at his day job, but of course ZombieX's price is easier for consumers (the good people of Nottingham?) to justify.

Loved the Robin Hood comment, it honestly put a smile on my face :)

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #144 of 247
Hi all,

Sorry for the slow reply! I just got all the parts in for the adapters and I will be making them this week and will ship out some on Friday. I want to again say I am sorry for this late update and to be a little patient with me.

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #146 of 247
Hey ZombieS, sent you a message a few days back. Good to know you are still working those adapter. Like the above poster, don't know who is next in line but do let us know please :). Thank you

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #147 of 247
  PM sent to Zombie_X.  Very interested in purchasing the adapter.  Thanks!

Hi Zombie_X, hope you received my PM and interest in purchasing the adapter.  Just a friendly note in case you have not seen it.  Thanks!   

gs1000.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #148 of 247
Hey guys,
ZombieX messaged me on PSN... apparently his head-fi password isn't working right now, but he asked me to pass along that all the adapters (I assume he means the first 10 orders) are done and he'll send them when the post offices open up again.

I sent him the password reset link, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back