Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted)
Dec 29, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #121 of 247
Hi all,

The adapter will cost $10, and that's including First Class shipping via USPS. I have enough parts on order to make 10 adapters. Please PM me if interested.

The adapter will used solid core copper wiring, silver solder, and shrink tubing to keep the wires isolated. I also use Hot glue to make sure there will be no wiggle room or breakage. 

I just ask you all be a little patient with me. Work has been tough lately.

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #122 of 247
Those 10 units are going to be sold before you even wake up, tomorrow! LoL

At least there is an alternative for those who miss out, and those who couldn't wait. I don't agree, however, with the other guy's price point for such a cheap adaptor.

Then again, I'm not surprised as most DIY people, around here, always overprice their stuff/work. But that's a different topic/debate, and we all know its not liked, by some, when criticized.

Luckily, we have a robin hood DIY guy like yourself for us poor people, Zombie!

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #123 of 247
Hi all,

The adapter will cost $10, and that's including First Class shipping via USPS. I have enough parts on order to make 10 adapters. Please PM me if interested.

The adapter will used solid core copper wiring, silver solder, and shrink tubing to keep the wires isolated. I also use Hot glue to make sure there will be no wiggle room or breakage. 

I just ask you all be a little patient with me. Work has been tough lately.

Pm sent for an adapter zombie
Thanks!

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #126 of 247
Very interested in this as a modmic alternative! Much cleaner having one cable, then y-split at the source end..

Anyone know what the SQ is like with the boompro and ps4? (using mixamp or other usb sound car with input?)

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #129 of 247
Awesome, I'm in then if zombie has any more adapters (pm also sent)

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #131 of 247
I'm new here and just found this thread last night, and must say I'm happy I did!
I'm very interested in one as well.
Does any one have a picture of the finished model by any chance, since it was mentioned Zombie_X was working on a smaller model?

And in regards to the mass production side of this, I would like some more details Zombie_X since I might know some people who maybe can help depending on what specific you are looking for.

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #132 of 247
Pm sent thanks

Jan 3, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #133 of 247
Sorry for the late reply!

All 10 of the initial batch have been sold, and I'll start another batch after these all ship out. Right now I am still waiting on parts to arrive, but that shouldn't be so long hopefully.

Jan 4, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #134 of 247
These are still being made? Looks like I just got some incentive to buy one and a BoomPro to go with my K7XX!

For that matter, I might even add a 3.5mm TRRS cable to my order, considering I never got around to recabling my MMX 300 with non-crappy wire and a jack for detachability like I wanted to.

Jan 5, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #135 of 247
I am interested whenever you have time for another "drop" 
biggrin.gif
 Just got my akg k7xx and I would be excited to use these for chat while gaming. Is the connection on the other side just the boom pro? Is that a divided mic/headphone or is it the 3-pole one?

EDIT: Nevermind... just did the research. I guess google still exists hahaha 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back