Curse of the Three Foot Cable (...Please help...)
Oct 18, 2007 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ken B.

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

My wife listens to music sometimes at work through her PC. She likes to use headphones that are open ear or can allow her to hear things outside the 'phones.

She has a pair of earbuds now, but the cable is too short. In fact, I tried looking around for some kind of earbuds that have a cable longer than 3 feet (at least 5-6 feet), and I cannot find any. Soooo....

I'm thinking of getting her a pair of Koss KSC75's, doing a headband mod on them so they are easier to take on and off.

Also, I was thinking of replacing the cable (even these KSCs still have 3 foot cable), but I do not know where to get suitable thin flexible cable for headphones. Any ideas are appreciated.

The other idea is to just find some reasonably priced earbuds or 'phones that have a cable longer than 3 feet (preferrably under $30).

Oct 18, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 9
Extension cable works well.

An alternative is to get her a pair of Grado SR60. This is assuming she doesn't mind the old retro look.

Oct 18, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Extension cable works well.

An alternative is to get her a pair of Grado SR60. This is assuming she doesn't mind the old retro look.

x2

Show her you love her.
rs1smile.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #5 of 9
The KSC-35's have a 3-foot cable? I'm not sure that's true. I seem to remember my KSC-50's having at least a 4-foot cable, and they're essentially just a newer version of the same headphone.

Oct 18, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The KSC-35's have a 3-foot cable? I'm not sure that's true. I seem to remember my KSC-50's having at least a 4-foot cable, and they're essentially just a newer version of the same headphone.

My KSC75s have a fairly short cable. I think they're even shorter than my PX100 cable.

Oct 18, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 9
Hey guys, thanks for the ideas.

Unfortunately, I've always hated extension cables. That's why I thought of some headphones with a long enough cord, or else replacing the cable that's already soldered with something longer.

I guess I could just solder on the RatShack cable?

Oct 18, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #9 of 9
My KSC-75 is 4 feet, but believe me, that one foot makes the difference between loosely going from your pocket to your shoulder and comfortably going from your pocket to your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back