Currently have a sennheiser 598, not that satisfied
Nov 23, 2013 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NatureEnergy

New Head-Fier
hey everyone i currently own a sennheiser 598 over a year now. Im not really satisfied with this headphone. my previous headphone was a beats by dr dre studio. 
I listen to techno, instrumental, some  classical ( beatles,beegees),a little  rock (nirvana)  and some pop music..I have to admit the bass is lacking on the senn but i do not want something that has muddy bass and ruins the clarity of the headphones. One of my fav techno is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B28AQ6898BU. Its something calm and also techno-ish :)

I was recommended a beyer 770dt pro at first but i decided to go for the sennheiser 598. the ques is, is it worth to get a pair of beyer 770dt right now? Also, i hate the open headphones design.. I didint know it was this bad. 

Or am i better off with an IEM? im using it on my phone / PC. Im just afraid IEM will damage my hearing more. I usually listen to 50%volume. But the senn 598 comfortability is incredibly awesome.

EDIT: i've got my hearing test just a while ago my results were normal thankfully. so i do not want to risk getting hearing damage or something like that. I wanted to invest in speakers but i dont think it suits me. the portability is poor and the sound may not be as good as headphones/IEM

my budget is around 300-400$

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #4 of 5
Hey man! I"ve changed my mind to go for IEM and my budget is 100-200.
Considering the tdk ba200, Yamaha eph100, beyer Xp series and Hifiman re400
Which of these will be good for my music genre? Not too much of a bass head but I want the bass to make me go like "wow" at the same time also clear vocals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back