Curious about ratio of defective Turbine Pros
Jun 25, 2011 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

-y0-

500+ Head-Fier
I'm just wondering for those that have purchased either the Coppers or Golds, if they got a defective pair and had to get a replacement. Did you get a non-defective replacement or another defect and did you go directly through Monster? I wonder if it's just Amazon carrying defective products was the cause of me getting 5 defective pairs. I read a lot of people getting defects but there must be ones that get a perfectly working pair. Thanks for any info.

Jun 25, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 15
I've had one pair fail on me, got a replacement direct from Monster, and that pair's been going strong for the last year or so. A pair of Coppers I might add.

Jun 25, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 15
Ive had 4 bad Golds so far and waiting on 5th.  First was from BestBuy and last 3 from Monster direct.  First 3 were the thinner strain reliefs and 4th was new.  2/4 had really bad driver flex in right ear, 1/4 had moderate driver flex in right ear, and 1/4 had generally lower base from one ear with no flex issues showing.

Jun 26, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #5 of 15
Got my MTPC's in late April 2010.  The ol' familiar housing separation issue reared it's ugly head not even a month in.  I did a warranty replacement that Monster screwed-up (shipped using incorrect zip code), but have had zero issues w/ the replacement.

Jun 26, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #6 of 15
It's random. Some brand new one can be defective out of the box(one side doesn't work, enclosure dried glue, super crazy driver flex), some are defective even though it was RMAed(they're brand new pairs, so they fall under the new category).

I used to sell Turbines(all 3 kinds); I've sold around 15 Copper, 6 Gold, and 4 regulars (not exaggerated). The defective rate was about 20%~25%, seriously. Monster have some crazy bad quality control.

Jun 26, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #7 of 15

Quote:
It's random. Some brand new one can be defective out of the box(one side doesn't work, enclosure dried glue, super crazy driver flex), some are defective even though it was RMAed(they're brand new pairs, so they fall under the new category).

I used to sell Turbines(all 3 kinds); I've sold around 15 Copper, 6 Gold, and 4 regulars (not exaggerated). The defective rate was about 20%~25%, seriously. Monster have some crazy bad quality control.

That is pretty ridiculous. I called the tech support the other day just to see what they would say about all the defects I've received. The girl who answered the phone was trying to tell me Coppers with ControlTalk doesn't exist then puts me on hold, comes back and tells me that they do indeed carry them haha.

Jun 26, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #8 of 15

They say they dont get a lot of defects (Theyve said this three times to me), but my guess is that it is in comparison to the other headphones they sell like the Beats line which obviously sells many more and will get many more calls.

Quote:
That is pretty ridiculous. I called the tech support the other day just to see what they would say about all the defects I've received. The girl who answered the phone was trying to tell me Coppers with ControlTalk doesn't exist then puts me on hold, comes back and tells me that she guess they do indeed carry them haha.

Jun 26, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #9 of 15

Quote:
They say they dont get a lot of defects (Theyve said this three times to me), but my guess is that it is in comparison to the other headphones they sell like the Beats line which obviously sells many more and will get many more calls.

Good point, the Tours I had broke in a month and I take really good care of my earphones. From my experience, especially after the defective Coppers, is that the only good reliable things they make are a cable splitter and foam Supertips lol.

Jun 26, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #10 of 15
Purchased from local Future Stop. The future stops here! It's almost July and they still have Portal 2 not!
Anyway.
First pair of Coppers, left (or was it right? Hmm... Anyway, one of the two sides) ear-piece cable strain relief snapped (sheared) clean off, bringing the cable with it. But this may have been me.
Second pair of Coppers, incorrect sound. It sounds like the little stomach ache before a diarrhea. No bass.
Third pair of Coppers, was alright.
They were different bunches, mind you, some CG and some CI and such.
They have bad QC.

Jun 27, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #11 of 15
On my second pair of refurb Coppers. This one has no driver flex at all and I've found a bit of adhesive residue on the housing around where the two halves meet, so it seems it(adhesive) was applied liberally. Surely though, there must be some sort of better method. Monster, PM me with a job offer if you want to know how. lol

Jun 27, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #12 of 15
My first MTPGs had bad driver flex in the right ear (purchased May 2010). I replaced them through Amazon with good success. The next pair was flawless. My MTPCs were flawless as well (purchased June 2010).

Jun 27, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #13 of 15
Seems like some are luckier then others. Maybe their company is too big to make sure all their products are free from defects. They should make it like a recall on an automobile and do something to make sure it's working. It's not right for all these people to spend their hard-earned money on "top tier" earphones just to send them back for a replacement over and over again. It's taking away their time to enjoy music and wasting their time having to ship it. Just not right.

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #15 of 15
Going to have to send in my second pair, one of the strain reliefs has broken. This next pair really needs to stand the test of time as I think I'll be out of warranty within like a week or so.
confused_face.gif
I LOVE the sound of these, but **** Monster, you guys need to work on your quality control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back