CTH Boards and Kits Now Available
Jul 15, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #91 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice going wiatrob...Never have had a problem with th ebuffer section thus far. IT has always been the splitter section in my builds. I have had to replace full splitter sections in 3 among the 9 builds so far and one more requiring it (my board).

Do you have a suspicion as to why this is happening to your builds? As an aside, since rail splitter & output buffer use many of the same parts, the extras would suffice for either I think.

We're thinking & seeing that getting the correct parts in the correct places and in correct orientation gets you a working build (less any shorts, wiring errors, etc.).

Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to build one if you guys ever do a version on a 4x size board
tongue.gif

Heh, as this seems a good amp regardless of size, this is something to think about. The small size advantage also reduces cost, but it also seems that some (unknowingly?) equate size with performance e.g. in a meet setting... At least until they hear it
smily_headphones1.gif

IMO bigger would make for an easier build too but w/o the size/transportability advantage it starts to make sense to look at "larger" designs, even if the build cost does rise with them.

Jul 15, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #92 of 99
I've never blown up a splitter - Sachu - were the splitter chips you used all from the same batch?

Jul 15, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #93 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by cfcubed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The small size advantage also reduces cost, but it also seems that some (unknowingly?) equate size with performance e.g. in a meet setting... At least until they hear it
smily_headphones1.gif

Just gotta put it in a BIG CASE
tongue.gif

May 19, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #96 of 99
I believe Bill no longer offers kits but he may still have some related parts.  I think runeight may have some PCBs available for experienced builders.

May 19, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #97 of 99
Yes, Alex still have some PCBs. I sent Bill a PM but still haven't received his response. Hopefully he still have some parts, actually I only need the perforated top cover. If anyone has a spare one, please let me know. The BOM is right there on Alex's site so the kit is not really a big deal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back