CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Aug 18, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #814 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, now I'm really confused - my X3s are sounding terrible. The Etymotic tips initially sounded good (as did the UE foamies) but last night, listening to Sibelius, the X3 sounded like an old Victrola playing in the next room. I tried some other music, but nada. So awful that I pulled out my old
E2c & guess what? They sounded full, alive, detailed & enjoyable - exactly what was missing from my Mylars. And here's me writing off the Shures only a few days ago...

Beginning to think it's my ears, & nothin' to do with the phones (my ER6 are sounding pretty bad too - that could be wax)...

Headphones - sheesh
wink.gif

You are having a problem of seal. Check the seal, change sleeves, etc .

Have you heard of the "seal eating virus"
580smile.gif

Aug 18, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #815 of 1,031
Just an informational post for all you U.S. based Mylarone Junkies.

theiriverstore.com is now the exclusive retailer/distributor of the Crossroads Mylarone brand in the U.S.

Uncle Wilson can confirm this if anyone needs more info.

They offer the X3 in 3 color choices and the XB.

Aug 18, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #817 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking at the site right now, am I supposed to be able to see them?

Look under Accessories > Earphones/Headphones (its in text)

Aug 18, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #818 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Q-tip is a rapper. You take the little guy, rub his head, and stick him in your ear. His naturally curly hair will pull out the ear wax.

biggrin.gif
Nice
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #819 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am pretty sure crinkle sound on insertion is a sign of the incoming driver failure. My first pair is crinkle free and still running strong. And it's a default color option. I emailed David at Jaben, should I use some other email for replacement request?

Got a replacement pair, this one crinkle free, as my other working pair. When two pairs are crinkle free and work just fine, and crinkling one fails within a week, makes me strongly believe that crinkle is definitely a sign of the incoming problem. This is not normal, regardless of what you've been told. Most likely the driver is not fixed in place properly and has some play in the enclosure.
BTW, kudos to Jaben's customer service for hassle free replacement, although I'd be much happier if MylarOne had a better quality control.

Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had the first inklings of bass lessening last night....could be the tips tho. More experimentation!

Luckily, I'm gradually realizing I'm not a total basshead & much prefer lean & clean.

All these talks about bass lessening with time made me suspicious that my pair has that problem too. Tested old pair with the brand new that just went through night long pink noise burn in.

THEY SOUND IDENTICAL!
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #820 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All these talks about bass lessening with time made me suspicious that my pair has that problem too. Tested old pair with brand new that just went through night long pink noise burn in.

THEY SOUND IDENTICAL!
biggrin.gif

I don't really believe that the bass PHYSICALLY reduces. You just get used to the bass I think.

Aug 19, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #821 of 1,031
I think it has to do with tips/seal...
And ears!....I think souperman has it.

Aug 19, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #822 of 1,031
Hi guys, it took my a while to read all 42 pages but it was worth it considering the wealth of information.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I was very interested in purchasing the X3's until I read about the poor build quality and left driver issue. I can't remember how many of you guys have had this problem, but as somebody else mentioned, we don't know how many other owners have had this problem.

I'm still inclined to purchase the the X3's only because of Jaben's great customer service that I constantly hear about. Though I still think that's no excuse for Crossroad's poor build quality.

A few post back someone mentioned about the iriverstore.com selling X3's as well. I have a feeling that it'll be cheaper to purchase it from Jaben as well as receive their customer service.

So I've been holding off from buying them though I need a newheadphone soon.

Aug 20, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #823 of 1,031
Hi All,

I purchased the X3s about a month ago. They were fine in terms of sound quality, volume, isolation etc. for the 1st couple of weeks.

They suddenly about a week ago, they started acting up. I was walking along when I received an unpleasant electrical shock to my ears. It felt a lot like a static shock and I dismissed it, thinking it was an isolated incident.

Couple of days later, I was walking at night and the same thing happened.

Has anyone experienced anything remotely similar to this?

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #824 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by phatty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just an informational post for all you U.S. based Mylarone Junkies.

theiriverstore.com is now the exclusive retailer/distributor of the Crossroads Mylarone brand in the U.S.

Uncle Wilson can confirm this if anyone needs more info.

They offer the X3 in 3 color choices and the XB.

Does anyone know how theiriverstore.com is for customer service (aka is it as good as jabens)? Also...do you still get all the accessories if you order from theiriverstore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back