CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Aug 8, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #736 of 1,031
I took a picture of my white mylars
smily_headphones1.gif
. This one has small UE tips

DSC00257.jpg

Aug 8, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #737 of 1,031
Unfortunately I have been hit with the left driver issue. It just started to cut out on me. Although it hasn't completely died yet, it's getting there. I can still stick them in my ear (without the music on), and then turn on the music and it would be fine, but if I push in the left driver in at all, the sound dies. Just a word of caution to all those people new to the X3's. Be really careful when you insert the left driver into your ear. For some reason the right one never has problems. The pressure from sticking them into your ears may damage the drivers, as has been the case with most of the people here with broken X3's.

Aug 8, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #738 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately I have been hit with the left driver issue.

Crap, same happened with my second pair I ordered for my wife. Left driver was making suspicious cricketing sound on insertion or movement in ear and just died.
frown.gif

Isn't there a tendency that bad stuff happens to custom colored ones?

Aug 8, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #739 of 1,031
me left driver dont criple, right criple, but i never had any problems as : no sound...

Aug 8, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #740 of 1,031
First time i got these phones i tested them on a song that i test most of my headphones with. RadioHead Planet Telex

There is a bass line that comes in about half way. It is just a bass guitar in the abck ground. On a Hi-fi you can hear it, on standard Ipod earphones you can hear it, bose ie, and on bose nosie cancelling 3's you can hear it. But on the Mylarone x3. You cannot hear the bass line even when the EQ is on base booster...

I dont know alot about headphones. But i love music, and that bass line should be there!!!

Aug 8, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #741 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiseman405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First time i got these phones i tested them on a song that i test most of my headphones with. RadioHead Planet Telex

There is a bass line that comes in about half way. It is just a bass guitar in the abck ground. On a Hi-fi you can hear it, on standard Ipod earphones you can hear it, bose ie, and on bose nosie cancelling 3's you can hear it. But on the Mylarone x3. You cannot hear the bass line even when the EQ is on base booster...

I dont know alot about headphones. But i love music, and that bass line should be there!!!

And after that first time, did you try different tips? Canalphones are a different breed of headphone, where placement and seal are much more critical than with earbuds and full-sized cans. Bass is the first thing to go with a poor seal. Check out the first post for popular tip options.

Aug 8, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #742 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crap, same happened with my second pair I ordered for my wife. Left driver was making suspicious cricketing sound on insertion or movement in ear and just died.
frown.gif

Isn't there a tendency that bad stuff happens to custom colored ones?

Hm, I don't think the custom colors matter. I think almost everyone with different colors has experienced this before.

Aug 8, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #743 of 1,031
I am pretty sure crinkle sound on insertion is a sign of the incoming driver failure. My first pair is crinkle free and still running strong. And it's a default color option. I emailed David at Jaben, should I use some other email for replacement request?

Aug 8, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #744 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am pretty sure crinkle sound on insertion is a sign of the incoming driver failure. My first pair is crinkle free and still running strong. And it's a default color option. I emailed David at Jaben, should I use some other email for replacement request?

You can try wilson too, but those are the only two there lol.

Aug 9, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #745 of 1,031
Anyone try fitting the DTX50 tips onto the X3 yet? The results are pretty interesting. I will listen further and see what changes there are to the sound, as I changed the tips right out of the box, after listening to the stock tips for a couple minutes.

Aug 9, 2007 at 11:30 AM Post #746 of 1,031
Had the first inklings of bass lessening last night....could be the tips tho. More experimentation!

Luckily, I'm gradually realizing I'm not a total basshead & much prefer lean & clean.

Aug 9, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #747 of 1,031
I got the delivery notice card yesterday. Finally, I could pick it up today (dying from waiting as you can probably imagine).

First impressions was its considerably smaller than I imagined and better looking too. The red case isn't too bad (well..im a girl, so that might explain it). But im sure black would please more people.
When I first listened to it the bass just didn't sound right..Something was wrong (it sounded quite un-natural unlike the bass I usually hear). So I was praying burn-in will make things better.
In fact it did, after a couple songs the bass transformed or should I say got much better. It sounds just right now. Sorry for my imprecise terms, because i'm not an expert with audio devices.
I also got the UE kit from idealsound. After trying the medium, small and double flanges. I say I get the most bass with the double flanges. I found a noticeable difference btwn the amount bass I hear from using double flanges vs. the medium UE tips. I haven't tried the foam yet b/c I don't know how to get them on the earphones and which side to stick them in
confused.gif

I'm waiting to burn it in a couple of hours more to see if there'll be more bass. However, currently (after about 1 hour of listening) I find the bass sufficient for my tastes..asian pop and rock and r&b.
Also, I do hear a bit of crinkling when putting them in, I hope it doesn't die after 2 months or something. I can live with less bass but if it dies
mad.gif
at least I know jaben will replace it.

These are definitely a step up from the sony earphones that came with my SE w800i mobile phone. I'm quite happy with them so far...Will post tomorrow to comment on how they're doing
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back