CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jul 17, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #496 of 1,031
According to SingPost my phones have shipped oversees to JFK, which is about 20 miles from my house. Hopefully I will get them soon; I can't wait!

Jul 17, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #497 of 1,031
I'm seriously considering a pair of the X3s. Jaben's bundles (+ $10 for the ATH-CK5 or + $42 for the DTX50) seem like an even better deal though. I've heard a few good comments on the DTX50s, but very little about the CK5. Any more opinions on either of these?

Jul 17, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #498 of 1,031
no base is usualy a sign of,

1) bad seal, try other tips, most iem´s and canaphones depend on a good seal and in ear air pressure for a good sound, there are come exceptions, like the vibes, but no seal means no base and no force,

2) damaged driver, my CX300´s toasted a while ago, the mids were so clear it was amazing, but no base what so ever and the sound had no force, so it was usless,

Jul 17, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #499 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is almost no deep bass response on the X3s, only midbass.

I don't believe what you are hearing is mistaken. There is a mid-bass/low-mid hump on the X3s. I have to EQ it down from time to time to hear bass since the X3 isn't overly quick, the low-mids hang around, and the low extension isn't comparable to full-sized cans (expectedly so). I think the issue is primarily in terminology. IMO, many people mistake low-mids for bass, and the "slam" as bass. You can see similar issues when you read the Beyer DT990 posts.

Jul 18, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #500 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think you should have spent that much on an amp for $55 IEMs.

If you wanted better SQ you would have been better off upgrading the 'phones first.

Edit: meh I guess you could use it for your sony's/ext.

I got them because of the Sony too of course. In any case, even for cheap IEMs, I need an external DAC to hear music on my PCs... even the cheap ones would cost me around $70 here... so I figured I might as well get something better that will make the CD3K sing properly. Nothing will sound decent out of mainboard AC97 sound. Yuck.

I used to use them with a NAD C340 amp and it was excellent... I hope the Move can come near to that... but probably not.

Jul 18, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #501 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm seriously considering a pair of the X3s. Jaben's bundles (+ $10 for the ATH-CK5 or + $42 for the DTX50) seem like an even better deal though. I've heard a few good comments on the DTX50s, but very little about the CK5. Any more opinions on either of these?

CK5 is great for $10 but 100% not necessary when you use the X3 by comparison. The DTX50 however have a wonderful sound.. they sound a bit bloated at first, especially by comparison, but they have become my preference of the two. TERRIFIC extension on the bass, its very deep. Its relatively clear, about a bit more clear than the cx300 which i think says a lot. The X3 has the wide soundstage, but lacks the punch that the dtx50 will give you. This is THE bundle to take!

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #502 of 1,031
i got mine yesterday !!! MylarOne X3.
oh my god. imagine my surprise when i saw the Singapore Post stickers on the package
smily_headphones1.gif
i can't believe it. Singapore -> Eastern Canada in just a week ! thanks Jaben.

i burned them in most of the night. that's a start. but wow. i can already hear the difference (mind you, i'm coming from iPod buds, but still. i appreciate the soundstage and cleanness of the vocals. hoping the burn in isn't over yet).

right now, i feel the medium tips that came with the X3 are doing the best job (also got the UE Double Flange but they seem too big for my ears). not total noise reduction but a good enough seal to hear the bass. we'll see once i've burned them in enough.

ps. i too am feverishly shuffling through my mp3 collection
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #503 of 1,031
Dont burn them in too long, from my experience..they got worse after burn in

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #505 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by lull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, doesn't just listening to them burn them in anyway?

Yes, it does. Bisco82: in what ways, exactly, did your X3s get worse after burn-in/prolonged use?

Jul 18, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #507 of 1,031
I am saying... Enjoy them while the sound is good. I found that after some use with them, that the bass becomes less and less present, they still sound accurate and have the relatively wide soundstage...but enjoy the bass prescence while it is there. I really initially enjoyed the balance between fun sounding and accurate sounding that these bargain ECH's provided... but it got worse with use... so rather than let them play without listening, just keep listening, I found that the burn in effect did not make them more desirable

Jul 18, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #508 of 1,031
Or just listen to the Beyer DTX50 if you buy the correct bundle. Keep in mind the Beyer's retail for about $100 USD and you get the bundle for $99

Jul 18, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #509 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisco82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am saying... Enjoy them while the sound is good. I found that after some use with them, that the bass becomes less and less present, they still sound accurate and have the relatively wide soundstage...but enjoy the bass prescence while it is there. I really initially enjoyed the balance between fun sounding and accurate sounding that these bargain ECH's provided... but it got worse with use... so rather than let them play without listening, just keep listening, I found that the burn in effect did not make them more desirable

You might be on to something there. When I got the X3's I was pleased with their bass performance. I borrowed them to a friend for some weeks, got them back three days ago. Now I'm rather underwhelmed by their lack of bass and quite prominent brightness.

Oh well, it was worth the try. Gotta use my Vibes until my Atrios are back from repair...
wink.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #510 of 1,031
I noticed that ....the bass just seem to go and the treble shot up . I have just changed to the sony fontopia tips (medium grey ones) and they bass is back and the sound stage 'sounds' much better than before... (somehow?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back