CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jun 18, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #151 of 1,031
what the heck, they just sent me some x3's 2 days ago.. They're the ones with the 2 red stripes and blue and red where the wire comes out like in dfkt's picture. Now I am confused.

Jun 18, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #153 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nike T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
16816095275.jpg

Here they are.

where did you get those from?

Jun 18, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #154 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone been contacting Uncle Wilson lately? He hasn't been responding to my e-mails for some reason which is surprising.

I just talked to him via email.. He's strange sometimes he responds to people right away and then other times it will take 3 days. lol

Jun 18, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #156 of 1,031
btw, just an update on my earlier comments, the CK5 tips DONT fit, im ok with the small sony that come with it, but next month im probobly ordering UE bifalnge or foamies,

Jun 18, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #158 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nike T /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here they are.

It's possible that the new batch look that way. If that's the case other new owners will have them too. I personally like this red & blue band with black strain relief design better than the old one.
etysmile.gif

dfkt: That's quite scary. You can try my tip tips, it might help.

Jun 18, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #159 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by SONGsanmanwah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally like this red & blue band with black strain relief design better than the old one.
etysmile.gif

ditto that.

Jun 19, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #160 of 1,031
okay the ones with the black strain releifs are new and the insides are exactly identical. So they're the same.. Just a slight cosmetic change.

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #161 of 1,031
aww man, I liked that blue and red strain relief, let's hope that when I get mine sometime either this week or next, that it's got the red and blue strain relief...

Jun 19, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #162 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by SONGsanmanwah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dfkt: That's quite scary. You can try my tip tips, it might help.

Thanks, I tried that, but it doesn't give me the same seal and SQ as using tips the normal way, with the longer stem. The Sony and V-Moda tips work fine for me, I have no problem with the injection-mold ridges on the tips. Of course the ridge-less UE's are a bit better, but not that much difference for me.

Jun 19, 2007 at 11:33 AM Post #163 of 1,031
Yes, someone had a picture posted of this very model before on these forums. I'm guessing that thread got buried quickly without many views.

I'm still waiting for a small, different batch where it's all black with silver-rings (BTW, this was the prototype design). No red or blue in the design at all, which is what I prefer.

When I requested this several weeks ago, Uncle Wilson first asked if I was willing to accept the model that is shown above. But I insisted that I didn't like the red/blue and he responded saying that he would try to get CrossRoads to do a small batch and that they would be available in a couple weeks. It's been about a month now without them, but I'm still going to be patient as I'm interested in trying these out (as long as they look the way I want them to
tongue.gif
).

Jun 19, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #164 of 1,031
Well rats. It seems I have to resign from the X3 Owners Club. Like I said earlier, the right side went dead, and Wilson said he'd send me a new pair. The thing is, I originally ordered the MylarOne Classics, but they didn't have any at the time and sent me a pair of X3s instead. Now I got the Classics as a replacement. Fair enough, since they are what I paid for, but still I feel a little disappointed.

On the other hand, while the Classics aren't as refined, they have more pronounced bass and thus they are more suitable for exercise use. I'd like to have a cable wrapper for them, though, now I have the accessories of the first batch of X3s (that is, the red carrying case). The replacement came as is in a padded envelope, with a clear set of sleeves.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #165 of 1,031
Just got my pair today. It took the package 5 days to reach Perth. Had a quick listen through HeadFive straight away as I could not resist. Less bass compared to KSC75. Better isolation and mid-range clarity than my old AKG K81 DJ. Exicted to see how it will sound like once it has clocked some extra hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back