CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jun 17, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #136 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, I do here that krinkle noise when I put them IN. Is this actuallly the driver I am hearing? I'm afraid I will damage it. I've tried all the various ways of putting them is but it always krinkles and I can feel the pressure in my ear as I push in....

yeah i've heard thats not good for the driver at all.. put them in slowwly

Jun 17, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #137 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So do I want double flange tips or the regular UE?

I take medium.

Also, I do here that krinkle noise when I put them IN. Is this actuallly the driver I am hearing? I'm afraid I will damage it. I've tried all the various ways of putting them is but it always krinkles and I can feel the pressure in my ear as I push in....

The UE fit kit (as suggested by epithletless above) has both -that's what I've ordered today from iDealSound.

As for the 'crinkle' sound -IME (w/ other phones, not X3) this is just the tip itself making the sound - no need to worry about yr drivers.

Jun 17, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #138 of 1,031
Rawr... anyone just want to send me a pair for a couple paypal dollars? I feel silly spending 10 bucks! Nobody seems interested in my proposal at the top of the page
frown.gif

Jun 18, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #140 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One question, do ety flanges fit the x3's?

The link below shows what I'm looking:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ETYMOTIC-RESEARC...QQcmdZViewItem

Nope... Etys as well as Westones and higher end Shures have a pretty narrow stem.

You should look for sleeves that fit the Shure E2s and Super.fis for the X3...

Jun 18, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #141 of 1,031
Well darn. The right driver died on my X3s. Wilson agreed to send me a new pair and I shipped the busted ones back, so no real harm done. One thing bothers me though: the ones I had were just perfectly burned in. Now I'll have to do that again. Oh well. The new ones should be arriving soon. It's a good thing they aren't my only pair of decent phones, though, otherwise I might be more annoyed by this.

One thing never seizes to amaze me: Wilson seems to reply to emails practically immediately. All correspondence takes place in a few minutes. It seems I live in a suitable time zone and he spends his nights at the computer answering customer inquiries.

Jun 18, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #142 of 1,031
Same here - I'm getting a new pair sent over too. My left driver died. I'm using my PMX100s until they arrive so it's not too bad I guess. I hope these ones last longer - if not then I'll probably give up on them and get some M5s.

Jun 18, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #143 of 1,031
crap. sounds like a lot of people are having this left driver problem. Hmmmm maybe I shouldnt give these as much praise as I have been
frown.gif

Jun 18, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #144 of 1,031
They are only £28, as opposed to the M5s costing £94 - They are a great bang for your buck
smily_headphones1.gif

My left driver started to cut out, and then just died. It sounded like a loose connection or something.

Jun 18, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #145 of 1,031
So a lot of people are having problems with the left-channel dying. I always wanted to buy the x3s but I'm not so sure if I want them now ;x

Jun 18, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #146 of 1,031
I received them today, but they look different than the pics I've seen them in, one has a blue stripe and one has a red stripe and the stalk things that come off them are black. Did they change them?

Jun 18, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #147 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nike T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received them today, but they look different than the pics I've seen them in, one has a blue stripe and one has a red stripe and the stalk things that come off them are black. Did they change them?

take a picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back