CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
May 24, 2007 at 9:49 AM Post #31 of 1,031
i find the ES7 to be a sorta big brother to the X3. picture a deeper (no i mean DEEPER) bass, more refined throughout (esp in the upper-end), better upper extension and a fuller meathier sounding X3 and you've basically got the ES7. the ES7 is a closed supra-aural portable fons though so it maynot be your cuppa tea. YMMV

May 24, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #32 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottiebabie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i find the ES7 to be a sorta big brother to the X3. picture a deeper (no i mean DEEPER) bass, more refined throughout (esp in the upper-end), better upper extension and a fuller meathier sounding X3 and you've basically got the ES7. the ES7 is a closed supra-aural portable fons though so it maynot be your cuppa tea. YMMV

Man, the recent influx of ES7 news is making my subdued but long-term interest in them hard to suppress...

This place really is a wallet's worst enemy.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 25, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #34 of 1,031
Can you guys post pics if your different tips? Is there a tip that sits the IEMs deeper into the ear? so they don't stick out that far? I'm using super-fi mediums at the moment.

thanks!
Garrett

May 25, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #37 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you guys post pics if your different tips? Is there a tip that sits the IEMs deeper into the ear? so they don't stick out that far? I'm using super-fi mediums at the moment.

thanks!
Garrett

I don't have a picture of my own, but the small V-MODA vibe black silicone sleeves work great in my ears and seat the X3s about as deep as they will go. I prefer them to the small super.fi silicones I was using previously.

May 25, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #39 of 1,031
Mine came in today, and I have to say that they sound absolutely phenomenal. I use UE biflanges with them and I get great isolation and amazing sound, so much better than the Super.fi 3's.
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #41 of 1,031
I use the UE biflanges and these go all the way in for me as I have huge ear canals.

The minor problem I have with these eartips is that sometimes, the eartips get stuck inside my ears when I remove the earpieces.

May 26, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #42 of 1,031
Happy owner here. Using them with small silicon tips from some cheapie buds for the nano, very happy with them. Not super comfortable the whole time, but generally very good. I enjoy the X2s as well, though I'm giving them to my roommate as I prefer the X3s. ^__^

May 26, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #44 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by SONGsanmanwah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^
^
Have a good time at mini meet, you guys!

UE double flange really got the phones stick out. I've ordered small Shure E2 sleeves to try next. I'll post pictures in a couple days.

they work fine on mine.
smily_headphones1.gif

00039_CIMG2325_122_528lo.jpg

May 26, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #45 of 1,031
I am too in the club now
smily_headphones1.gif

I've tried tips from Panasonic, AT, Senn. and Creative, but none give me a better seal than the original... must get some UE or Shure tips soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back