CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jul 25, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #601 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sucks how you have to pay shipping fees back to Singapore if your phones break.

Sucks how you don't have to ship back the broken phones.
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #602 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

LOL! x500
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #603 of 1,031
Quick Poll: Who finds the bass of the X3 a bit too lean for their tastes? I am finding that personally, the bass isn't quite strong enough on them to hold my interest for listening across my music collection.

Jul 25, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #604 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! x500
biggrin.gif

This is ridiculous,
If there are well known quality issues with these phones, the replacement should be sent right away with prepaid return envelope included, in case they want broken crap back.

Jul 25, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #605 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is ridiculous,
If there are well known quality issues with these phones, the replacement should be sent right away with prepaid return envelope included, in case they want broken crap back.

relax guys. If they split at the band it is a simple superglue fix and they won't break again.

Jul 25, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #606 of 1,031
Quote:

blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Ahh, thanks for the confirmation.

Jul 25, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #607 of 1,031
The X3s don't fit into the iPhone's recessed minijack so I modified them with the cable from the iBuds. Now I can answer calls, pause music, and skip tracks from the headphones.

DSC01058.jpg

It could be my imagination, but they really do sound better. The bass is more prominent and the phones sound more "punchy" and forward. Also, the iBuds cable is less microphonic which is always a plus.

I have more pics of my progress here

Jul 25, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #608 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is ridiculous,

Geez someone's got their panties in a bunch. Like I said before, they don't even require you to send back the broken pair.

Jul 25, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #609 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by snozle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The X3s don't fit into the iPhone's recessed minijack so I modified them with the cable from the iBuds. Now I can answer calls, pause music, and skip tracks from the headphones.

DSC01058.jpg

It could be my imagination, but they really do sound better. The bass is more prominent and the phones sound more "punchy" and forward. Also, the iBuds cable is less microphonic which is always a plus.

I have more pics of my progress here

That looks so wonderful! Maybe you should start doing recables for people.

Jul 25, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #610 of 1,031
I finally decided to jump the gun and buy an x3. Hopefully I get it in 7 days (here in Canada) to 10 days. I can't wait for it!

I chose the RB (1st choice) and WH (2nd choice). I like them both equally but i considered the mobile phone I was going to use it with and RB seemed the more suitable pick

Jul 25, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #611 of 1,031
Quote:

Geez someone's got their panties in a bunch. Like I said before, they don't even require you to send back the broken pair.

I realized that already, issue closed. Thanks for confirming.

Jul 25, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #612 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisco82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick Poll: Who finds the bass of the X3 a bit too lean for their tastes? I am finding that personally, the bass isn't quite strong enough on them to hold my interest for listening across my music collection.

Actually, maybe just a touch too much for me. I'm using the shure E2 foamies small. Maybe you should try some foamies. Granted I haven't put hundreds of hours on these, so I haven't reach the bass decrease mode some folks have talked about.

Jul 26, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #613 of 1,031
Quote:

That looks so wonderful! Maybe you should start doing recables for people.

I think I might just start doing that. In fact, I have another pair of brand new X3s at home because I was indecisive when I bought them. They are actually the WH ones and would look great with the iBud's cable.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM or email. I'll recable the ones I have and sell them and/or recable yours. It's actually kind of fun/addicting to do
600smile.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #614 of 1,031
recabling with shure cables would be kinda cool. As those cables are awesome...

Has anyone tried the XBs? Do they have around the same clarity just with more bass?

Jul 26, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #615 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
recabling with shure cables would be kinda cool. As those cables are awesome...

Has anyone tried the XBs? Do they have around the same clarity just with more bass?

If that was the case, the XB's would be more popular than the X3's. The clarity slacks a bit on the XB's. Actually the clarity is much less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back