Crinnacle’s Headphone Rankinf for Focal Stellia
May 26, 2020 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jamington2004

500+ Head-Fier
Been doing loads of research on IEM recently including checking Crinacles ranking to point me in the direction of some options.

Generally his top S / A rankings seemed in line with most opinions out there, give or take everyone though they were great.

Then I noticed he had a headphone ranking and I checked his opinion on the Focal Stellia, and he has it way down as a C (Utopia is top of the list).

Generally all the opinions out there on them are excellent - so weird he would find them so “average”

Just one guys opinion - just weird the general consensus on the web has them as mostly excellent?

Thoughts? :)

https://crinacle.com/rankings/headphones/

May 26, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 9
Just one guys opinion

Precisely.

Plus, nothing weird about how he hears things. I would be even more skeptical if everyone had the exact same opinion.

Unless you guys have identical ears down to the basic building block, who cares?
No disrespect to the guy, but his ranking is nothing more than pure entertainment. I wouldn't read into it.

May 26, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 9
but his ranking is nothing more than pure entertainment.

Indeed...though what comes after is often a lot more entertaining.

May 26, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 9
Been doing loads of research on IEM recently including checking Crinacles ranking to point me in the direction of some options.

Generally his top S / A rankings seemed in line with most opinions out there, give or take everyone though they were great.

Then I noticed he had a headphone ranking and I checked his opinion on the Focal Stellia, and he has it way down as a C (Utopia is top of the list).

Generally all the opinions out there on them are excellent - so weird he would find them so “average”

Just one guys opinion - just weird the general consensus on the web has them as mostly excellent?

Thoughts? :)

https://crinacle.com/rankings/headphones/
Why would you put so much on one person’s opinion ? Does he claim to have the golden ears that others can’t match? Don’t get me wrong I think he is right on a lot of things he says but it is just his ears and not yours so I don’t take anything at face value. Hearing is different for everyone and we all like what we like so do not put your total faith in anyone even me.

May 27, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #5 of 9
All it says is that one person doesn't particularly care for it, ratings methodology aside.

May 29, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #7 of 9
Yeah don’t get me wrong - I’m not putting too much thought into it as I ordered them anyway :)

It was just on that specific example that seems so highly reviewed elsewhere - and he rated so poorly.

Most other top tier rankings seemed to be inline with the general consensus

Anyway thanks for replying - his website is definitely just an interesting list of things to check out :)

May 29, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #8 of 9
I wouldn’t pay too much attention to it and go with what your ears enjoy.
For example I’m a big fan of my ZMF Verite closed but crin doesn’t have them in s tier so I better sell them I guess 😂

Can’t use my ears till I buy them unfortunately! Hence going on other people’s ears as a guide :wink:

I really wanted to get some of the ZMF instead of the Stellia but nothing around used and can’t afford new! :)

Let me know if you fancy swapping if the Stellia aren’t to my taste when they arrive :)

May 29, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #9 of 9
Can’t use my ears till I buy them unfortunately! Hence going on other people’s ears as a guide :wink:

I really wanted to get some of the ZMF instead of the Stellia but nothing around used and can’t afford new! :)

Let me know if you fancy swapping if the Stellia aren’t to my taste when they arrive :)

Good luck but no way I’m swapping my ZMF boy 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back