Crest White Strips
Jan 17, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsansite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why the obsession with unnaturally white teeth?

IMO they look very odd, and bleaching your teeth is pretty bad for you in the long run. Is it really that important?

Because some people have yellow teeth and it looks bad...

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wrong. Enamel is one of the types of tissue in the body that can't regenerate. Once its gone its gone. So stay away from those acids kids!

too late.

oh, you mean food-type acids... my bad.

Jan 17, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfboardz26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but the enamel grows back. Its not that risky, but can cause sensitivity as your enamel gets thined.

Its nothing Milk can't fix

VERY INCORRECT.

My girlfriend, as a child, had a low flouride level, so she went in for flouride treatments. One of the dentists screwed something up, and it ate away the enamel of her teeth. TO this day, if you look close, you can see how bad it actually looks. She went to another dentist, and he has her bleaching her teeth, so that you cannot tell the differences in color very easily.

She's not too happy about it, and I'm sure I'll be footing the bill in the future for some porcelain veneers.

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because some people have yellow teeth and it looks bad...

People don't really have yellow teeth though unless there is a problem with the enamel formation, are slightly stained teeth so unacceptable? After all the colour of your teeth has little to do with how clean they are, so what's the stigma?

It seems a bizarre obsession, and unfortunately I think it's no longer just an American trend.

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

People don't really have yellow teeth though unless there is a problem with the enamel formation, are slightly stained teeth so unacceptable? After all the colour of your teeth has little to do with how clean they are, so what's the stigma?

It seems a bizarre obsession, and unfortunately I think it's no longer just an American trend.

spoken like a true Briton.
tongue.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #21 of 27
I think brushing your teeth once or twice a day is all you need. Just use Colgate total and your set. Seriously, I've tried these things before and they take up way too much time for something so temporary

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #22 of 27
People look better with whiter teeth. I have actually have some strips with me, but the whole process is irritating.

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Why the obsession with unnaturally white teeth?

yellow coffee stained teeth still work for me!

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #24 of 27
Although I wouldn't recommend doing it more than once, I had great results with crest whitestrips. I used whitestrips 2 years ago and my very yellow teeth went to very white. The strips did a great job of whitening my teeth. My teeth are still very white today, but that probably has more to do with me using a sonic toothbrush multiple times a day. If you've had trouble in the past with yellowed teeth, I would highly recommend using a sonic toothbrush. It really gives you the "just back from the dentist" clean feeling, and really prevents stains from setting in on your teeth.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #25 of 27
Uh, I used to work in the dental field. I'd avoid all this stuff if I were you guys. It's all bad news in the long run. In europe, people don't have bad teeth anymore, they have normal teeth. it's this california fake boobs that are too round to be real, fake tans that are too even to be natural, and fake flourescent white teeth. Yuck. You aren't a person anymore.

Feb 17, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #26 of 27
Doesn't the paste dentists use have peroxide in it too? I knew a girl years ago who used to use bleach. She would put cotton balls in her mouth to protect the gums and then apply bleach to her teeth. That seems dangerous to me but that is what she used to do.

Feb 17, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #27 of 27
I don't think the goal necessarily is the "omg I just got my teeth freshly bleached" / so white it's disturbing look. But rather to take away the yellow, and just get it to some level of pale yellow/soft white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back