Creek OBH-11
Aug 16, 2002 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
I picked up a Creek OBH-11 really cheap. I had a OBH-2 power supply. I am kind of between amps/cans. I hooked up my old Grado SR-60's with the Creek. Nice set-up. Great with Jazz.

Aug 16, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 16
I'm curious--as the Grado is not know (at least I don't think it is) for being a Jazz or Classical phone, what did you listen to?

I had a pair (or two) of Grado 60s, and always found them to be right, somehow.

Aug 16, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 16
I was just listening to Christian McBride and some Acoustic Alchemy. Sounded good to me. Very, detailed.

Aug 16, 2002 at 3:20 AM Post #4 of 16
I'm also using Grado 60's with the Creek and I'm enjoying it bigtime. I think they're a pretty good match at a great price point. And they're delivering on everything I feed them.

Aug 16, 2002 at 8:09 AM Post #5 of 16
I think the Creek amp is one of those underrated amps that's a phenomenal value. I use it to drive my 580's. Very nice. Not perfect, but very nice. I'm very happy with the combo especially considering what I paid for it.

Aug 17, 2002 at 9:38 PM Post #6 of 16
Does anyone know the output impedance of Creek OBH-11 or the difference between the two headphone outputs in the 'SE' version?

Regards,

L.

Aug 17, 2002 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Leporello
Does anyone know the output impedance of Creek OBH-11 or the difference between the two headphone outputs in the 'SE' version?

Regards,

L.

http://www.creekaudio.co.uk/products...bh_11_11se.asp

I checked the technical spec link, but I don't think it answers your questions... But I'm sure they'd respond to an email inquiry.

Aug 17, 2002 at 10:29 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by bifcake
I think the Creek amp is one of those underrated amps that's a phenomenal value. I use it to drive my 580's. Very nice. Not perfect, but very nice. I'm very happy with the combo especially considering what I paid for it.

I couldn't agree more. Especially when purchased second hand. "Not perfect, but very nice" - hey, you could spend 10X as much and find yourself using the very same words...
tongue.gif

Aug 17, 2002 at 11:08 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar

http://www.creekaudio.co.uk/products...bh_11_11se.asp

I checked the technical spec link, but I don't think it answers your questions... But I'm sure they'd respond to an email inquiry.

Thanks for taking the trouble, HighwayStar.

Regards,

L.

Aug 17, 2002 at 11:24 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Leporello

Thanks for taking the trouble, HighwayStar.

Regards,

L.

No trouble at all my friend, it's what these forums are for
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2002 at 1:54 AM Post #11 of 16
Leporello,

A thread discussing the difference between the two jacks on the OBH-11/se is here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...threadid=10037

I've tested the two jacks and there are some slight differences in the frequency response of the amp depending on the impedance of the headphones you use.

The differences are small, but you might notice more noise (hiss) on one jack compared to the other. I noticed this with ETY4s.

Aug 18, 2002 at 2:43 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
I picked up a Creek OBH-11 really cheap. I had a OBH-2 power supply. I am kind of between amps/cans. I hooked up my old Grado SR-60's with the Creek. Nice set-up. Great with Jazz.

Based on your post, and my own fond rememberances, I bought another pair of Grado 60s yesterday. Last night I played a couple of CDs using the Grado's (fyi--the new Andrew Hill big band Cd, "A Beautiful Day," and Pandelis Karayorgis/Mat Maneri, "Disambiguation," both excellent sounding, top-notch works, btw), and even without burn-in they sounded as I remembered: detailed, with excellent midrange (although I found the bottom end a bit warm).

Excellent impulse purchase (I just wish they all were
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Aug 18, 2002 at 2:58 AM Post #13 of 16
Creek OBH-11 + Senn 580 = mucho enjoyment, also!
smily_headphones1.gif

Great value, IMNSHO
wink.gif

Aug 18, 2002 at 2:04 PM Post #15 of 16
Fadamacka: NS should stand for "not so", I'd guess.
wink.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back