Creative's MD33!
May 20, 2005 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

DigDub

Headphoneus Supremus
http://sg.creative.com/products/prod...&product=11397

1.2m. seems like it is one piece of cable instead of having an extension cable like the sharp md33. looks like creative beat sennheiser in releasing the rebranded md33. i will definitely get my hands on these if they come in a 1 piece cable.
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
hOLY crap! One piece cable! COOL!

If it was rebranded the specs would be the same right? The SHarp is 20hz~20khz and the Creative it says 6Hz ~ 23kHz

i think they should be the same. the md33's connector was causing too much microphonics for me. with the creative one, the one piece cable should make this the perfect canalphone for me. i will drop by the creative HQ tomorrow and buy a pair. hopefully they have it in store already.
biggrin.gif

it seems like creative now rebrands a lot of mid-level phones that has pretty good reputation, such as the ath-fc7, the ath-cm5 and now the sharp md33. looks like some of their staff do know what makes good sound.
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 67
when you get them, please tell me if these are in fact the md33s, because then I can buy a pair when my current crap out. they're available at many places in sweden and dirt cheap too.

also, are the creative hq-1700 the fc7 or fc5?

May 20, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 67
holy crap....
they sure do look the same.....
wonder if they truly ARE the md33s though
confused.gif

May 20, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #6 of 67
It doesn't say when they are going to be available or if they are going to be available in the US. Too bad, I wanted to pick some up for my brother in law.

May 23, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #8 of 67
21,90€ in a german electronics-store, that's half the price one would pay to get the md33 shipped from audiocubes. not a bad deal at all if you pick them up by yourself! i hope they are available in vienna too.

May 23, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #9 of 67
rewind a little.... what makes you all think its an MD33 in the first place? It does look similar... But then again the maxell buds look similar to EX71...

Looks promising though.... I need a second pair of cheap isolation phones to replace my e2c while theyre in for warranty repair.

Garrett

May 23, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #10 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
rewind a little.... what makes you all think its an MD33 in the first place? It does look similar... But then again the maxell buds look similar to EX71...

Whose to say it isn't a cheap, OEM made version of the EX71s? They did get me curious though, and if they are the same as EX71s, then would they be a bargain? Conversely, would the Creative's supposedly rebadged MD33s?

Or, worst case, the Maxells and Creatives are made by same OEM (quite possible) and sound just as craptacular as one another. It is a distinct possiblity.

Interesting nonetheless.

May 24, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #14 of 67
well, if these are relly md33, it'd certainly be a worthy buy from the looks of things. does creative admit to whose gear they rebadge?

so, how would one go about removing the creative logo?
evil_smiley.gif

May 24, 2005 at 9:37 AM Post #15 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
well, if these are relly md33, it'd certainly be a worthy buy from the looks of things. does creative admit to whose gear they rebadge?

so, how would one go about removing the creative logo?
evil_smiley.gif

Rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, or Goof-Off perhaps? Or steel wool maybe...
biggrin.gif

Those clone buds do look interesting, but I'm content with my ER6i's at the moment, and I'm heading in an SA1000 direction (OEMing these with a lower price wouldn't hurt).
biggrin.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back