creative zen style & zen xfi style
May 4, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Albinoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A bit out of topic here, but what was your view on the SQ of the Creative Zen Nomad Jukebox ?

Referring to one of these:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41KTKWNZNDL.jpg

I have not heard that Creative HDD player, but it seems that many people who have heard both older and newer Creative players prefer the older ones when it comes to SQ. I think I have to borrow the Jukebox 3 I gave to my brother in law and compare it to my Zen Touch, ZVM and my wife`s Zen. I haven`t listened to the Jukebox 3 since late 2005, so I have to get a fresh impression...

I get the impression that when Creative started to focus on things like video playback and other non audio related things, the SQ started to slowly get worse.

May 8, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #17 of 22

Quote:
 I get the impression that when Creative started to focus on things like video playback and other non audio related things, the SQ started to slowly get worse.

Agree!
In fact Jukebox 3 is on a totally different stage compared to any other portable mp3 players. The line out of it sounds something like a desk cd player.

May 9, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #18 of 22
I had a Jukebox 3 for a while. I wasn't blown away by it. Can't remember what i did with it. Had about 5 Zen Micros (they all broke) and a ZVM. I didn't really like the inter face on the ZVM.

Someone in my office has a 1st gen Zen the flash one. Sounds ok, nothing mind blowing, but its nice form factor with a standard USB, and a radio! If one came my way cheap I wouldn't mind.

May 9, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
I had a Jukebox 3 for a while. I wasn't blown away by it. Can't remember what i did with it. Had about 5 Zen Micros (they all broke) and a ZVM. I didn't really like the inter face on the ZVM.

Someone in my office has a 1st gen Zen the flash one. Sounds ok, nothing mind blowing, but its nice form factor with a standard USB, and a radio! If one came my way cheap I wouldn't mind.

Go to creative.com. They're very inexpensive.

May 11, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #20 of 22

Quote:

Did you ever get a chance to compare the Jukebox 3 to later Creative DAP:s? When I compare my Zen Touch to my ZVM, the Zen Touch has a clearer sound than the ZVM, both with and without EQ. By the way, I discovered on my ZVM that when I set custom EQ to all fours the difference in sound signature to EQ off is very very small, perhaps the mids with EQ off are a little bit stronger. So when I EQ my ZVM now, I start from 4 instead of 0 and it does not sound "veiled" as before.

Sep 15, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #21 of 22
I know my post is abit late, but my style works really well! Sound quality wise it's quite good. It's also able to drive my DBA-02 from fischer audio quite well. One thing that pissed me off is the navigation. UGH. And oh, the crystaliser is only effective for low bitrate mp3. It actually worsens my flac files. Yeah. Great battery life, able to last about 28 hours straight. Good buy.

Sep 17, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #22 of 22

Quote:

Did you ever get a chance to compare the Jukebox 3 to later Creative DAP:s? When I compare my Zen Touch to my ZVM, the Zen Touch has a clearer sound than the ZVM, both with and without EQ. By the way, I discovered on my ZVM that when I set custom EQ to all fours the difference in sound signature to EQ off is very very small, perhaps the mids with EQ off are a little bit stronger. So when I EQ my ZVM now, I start from 4 instead of 0 and it does not sound "veiled" as before.

No, I never had them at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back