Creative Zen Micro any good?
Nov 8, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominode
Jnev,why don't you just return it if it's acting up on you? The warranty is good for a year,and Creative will likely just send another one. You could also try resetting your idle shutdown timer (I think the default is 5 minutes) to 20 or so minutes and see if that solves it.

i haven't had very good experiances with creative in the past, and also because i'm selling it soon anyways, so it's not a big deal. 5gb just isn't enough for me anymore.

Nov 8, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #17 of 21
I think it's a great player. The GUI is really easy and functional. I especially like how it has a "right click" menu where it gives u options for play mode and to make a quick playlist of the songs you want to listen at the moment. The negatives I'd say are that it doesn't have a dedicated volume function, so you have to "right click" then volume adjust. Also, battery life for me is terrible! I get around 5-7 hours per charge. Over all you should get it if battery life isn't a major priority.

Nov 8, 2005 at 9:20 AM Post #18 of 21
Well... if you don't count the headphone jack problem (and you have to), it's a great player. I bought mine in January 05 and worked great till the headphone jack went dead on me, early September. Too bad, really liked it
frown.gif

The UI is great for sure and I loved the DJ option that would shuffle all the songs in it (among other options). I missed a "shuffle all" option in the J70, maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Nov 8, 2005 at 10:20 AM Post #19 of 21
I never had the headphone out problem, however i had multiple others. It started to freeze up regularly. Had to take the battery out to restart it. Now its dead. On the positive side, it had great SQ and fast navigation. I kinda miss it, although i`ve recently bought an X5.

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #20 of 21
I purchased a zen micro when it came out and i haven't had any issues with it, but i've moved on to a rio karma and a iriver h140. My vote goes to saving some more bucks and buying a larger HD based dap, because you'll find yourself filling up the micro really fast.

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:03 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by b3n
The negatives I'd say are that it doesn't have a dedicated volume function, so you have to "right click" then volume adjust.

You don't have to right-click to adjust the volume. Just slide your finger up or down the center touch control while a track is playing (Playing Now screen) to activate the volume control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back