Creative X-dock , (Ipod dock with Aux in) creates DTS audio signal for 5.1 systems...
Jan 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ari33

100+ Head-Fier
I was looking for a cheap Ipod dock and came across these clearance line Creative X-docks selling very cheap on Ebay. The point that caught my eye and interested me was...

Docking Station with DTS Interactive technology converts Xtreme Fidelity surround to DTS 5.1 for single cable connectivity to home cinema systems.

At a mere £15 delivered I decided to take a punt and I'm actually really impressed ! The dock has an aux in which I use to connect my Sony X-series >LOD > Creative Xdock > toslink > Onkyo AV receiver, and sure enough my Onkyo receivers DTS symbol illuminates... and it sounds incredible. I've just been listening to David Gilmours 'Night to Remember' (Pink Floyd) I Ripped to Wav from a DVD and all I can say is what a listening experience! 

I cant compare it to any other docks as its probably quite unique in what it does. I'd just like to know if there are any advantages/disadvantages to the creation/upmix (or whatever it is) of a DTS audio signal decoded by a well set up Onkyo 5.1 AV receiver system compared to a true DTS 5.1 audio track sent by the dvd/player itself?

Your thoughts?

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #3 of 3
Sounds real cool! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back