Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
May 7, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #886 of 1,000
As with anything, that depends. I'd be afraid that 600 ohm headphones would require an expensive amp to properly power (again, don't know how well theb X3 will work with a 600 ohm headphone because I have not tried it). If you don't care about budget, that's no problem. If you are on a budget then I would guess a 600 ohm headphone would actually impact sound quality in a negative way. I really think you would need to through some money at the amp for 600 ohm headset to be happy with it.
What headphones are you using for gaming? And what would be your pick for competitive gaming with the X3?

May 12, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #887 of 1,000
Does the x3 have a higher output power then the sxfi amp? The specifications show different values. For the sxfi amp it show xxx mw@xxx ohm. And for the x3 it shows xxx v rms@ xxx ohm

And does anybody know wich dac is build in the x3?

I heard about some issues about the x3 and that they sound worse then the sxfi amp. Are these problems solved whit a update ?

Does someone have any experience whit the beyerdynamic dt 1990 pro and sxfi for gaming

Thanks

May 16, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #888 of 1,000
Hi, I received the x3 this morning, but I don't know how to configure it. I have followed the steps for mapping with the app, I have chosen the profile and I have configured the device to 7.1 in windows.

When I enter a game, I set 7.1 speakers / surround in the sound section. With the sxfi off, it sounds normal, but when I turn it on, the sound positioning is mixed and not accurate. It does not seem at all that you are listening to 7 speakers, and the positioning is worse than in stereo.

(I use Hyperx cloud headphones)

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for my english.

Edit.

I don't know the reason, but without having touched anything, now it works correctly.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #889 of 1,000
The bloody SXFI AMP control panel is broken as hell....... It doesn't download profile if I switch 1 time. 1 freaking time!!!! and then I can't change back to the profile I want !!! and then it doesn't even log in to my user !!! I need to open close the program like 50 times till I can get my profile back!?!?! WTFFHAHSDH LW I am so pissed.

especially when they said on the newest version Doesn't need internet connection !?!?!?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #890 of 1,000
Cant connect the amp to the driver after last software update. It just says can't find device. Anyone else have this problem

Aug 8, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #893 of 1,000
If you connect the amp to the headphone out of the X3, yes..

Aug 28, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #894 of 1,000
Been using my SXFI amp again recently. I had the realisation using Impulcifer that location where you listen to the virtualisation is important. The real BRIR I measured in my theater sounded awful at my desk due to hearing the reverb. I recall that the SXFI had lots of reverb for me.

Anyway, when I sat down in my main theater and gave it a listen and allowed my brain time to adjust I was really impressed with the results. I've taken multiple profiles and one of them absolutely nails the center channel. I've always used the center to tell if there's real out of your head locailsation. Compared to my own BRIR on my theater I actually prefer the SXFI in many respects - bass and stereo imaging being one.

I wish they'd let you do the SXFI processing on Windows like they do with Android, so you'd not need an amp connected. Would enable Bluetooth connectivity for 7.1 simulation. Would love to use my Air Pods Pros in 7.1 SXFI. You can do it on Android but then you get no 7.1 output

I'm excited for the SXFI TV. They keep delaying it - hope it finally gets a release.

Feb 15, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #897 of 1,000
Been using my SXFI amp again recently.
can someone owning a sxfi device (amp,x3 etc) log once in the sxfi app with my account (user=tixierpierre@hotmail.com password=wolfgang) with the device plugged-in so the sxfi effect is activated for my account ? ( in order to test the sxfi audio effect without a sxfi device plugged-in as the computational audio seems to be done in software in the app and not physically on the hardware of the sxfi device itself ) thanks.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #899 of 1,000
I have SXFI and APP as well as APM.. I’ve tried the APM wired thru the SXFI as well.

Spatial Audio is just heads and shoulders above..

Being able to turn your head and hear the sound effects stay stationary adds to the illusion of being in a theatre.

SXFI widens the soundstage but loses the imaging details.. I find it a mess in comparison to how Apple has done it. YMMV

Has anyone compared the SXFI with Apple's Spatial Audio implementation on the AirPods Pro?

Feb 16, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #900 of 1,000
Any further word on a device like SXFI TV where one can use SXFI with PS5?

The Soundblaster X3 has SXFI and is compatible with the PS5. I'm not sure if the SXFI amp is, but if your TV has Google/Android TV then you might be able to just plug the amp in to a USB port on the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back