Creative Sound Card Users: How do you have your settings configured?
Jun 21, 2006 at 10:20 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by I3eyond
I hope it's reversible!
blink.gif

Seriously, things turned to 50% make my MS-1s sound like $10 cans. I hope I haven't ruined my ears, and it's just something else with my system...
mad.gif

eek.gif
, There's something seriously wrong here. I don't see how one type of player could make your cans sound horrible, maybe your cans are defective.

Jun 21, 2006 at 11:53 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by I3eyond
I hope it's reversible!
blink.gif

Seriously, things turned to 50% make my MS-1s sound like $10 cans. I hope I haven't ruined my ears, and it's just something else with my system...
mad.gif

It's not likely that you've literally ruined your ears, although I imagine most headphone users will eventually suffer some hearing loss. It is likely that you just aren't used to hearing a balanced presentation. You might want to give it a try for a while. A lot happens in the midrange of music, and if you boost the bass and treble you are of course making the midrange extremely quiet. If you don't like it, you can always go back to your old settings.

Jun 21, 2006 at 2:06 PM Post #19 of 26
I followed the orders of this thread:

http://www.3dss-forums.com/cgi-bin/w...2&fpart=1&vc=1

1. No volume control. Do it with your amp/etc. Master & soruce volume at 0,0dB
2. No EAX effects.
3. No cmms3d.
4. No clean-up, bass/treble adjust, bass boost etc.
5. No speaker calbiration. Only basic calibration/no calibration done.

After that, 16/48 or 24/96 output from a media player and you're good to go. You can test the playback with some program, like truerta with a 3,5 -> 3,5 cable mini plug cable
600smile.gif

Btw, I'd like to get 24/96 ASIO2 drivers for Audigy 2, since Creative's own drivers support only 16/48 for some mysterious reason.
confused.gif

Jun 21, 2006 at 2:10 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihmemies

Btw, I'd like to get 24/96 ASIO2 drivers for Audigy 2, since Creative's own drivers support only 16/48 for some mysterious reason.
confused.gif

Asio4All is the best choice (even it's not true native ASIO driver).

jiitee

Jun 21, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee
Asio4All is the best choice (even it's not true native ASIO driver).jiitee

Does it work as an add-on driver with Creative's drivers, so I can still play games with eax hardware acceleration?

Edit: nevermind, I managed to read the FAQ, and it answered all my questions. Stupid me
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Asio4All is the best choice (even it's not true native ASIO driver).

A bunch of "native" ASIO drivers are WDM wrappers anyway - and in fact ASIO4All actually performs better and is more full-featured (e.g. multi-client ASIO) than a number of them.

Jun 21, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

... also, try by setting the Wave to 100%, and Master Volume somewhere between 85% and 100%. Use the PA2V2 to control volume level.

jiitee

When I adjust the wave volume, nothing happens.

Quote:

Which audio player are you using?

Foobar with asio.

No processing activated that I know of.

I listen to losslessly ripped CDs.

If I listen to CDs, it doesn’t sound any different than the lossless ones.

Jul 21, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #26 of 26
Well guys, I've finally gotten used to the flat settings, so I feel a lot better now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back