Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
May 20, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #3,452 of 3,608
Hi,

I just bought Yamaha NS-SW100 subwoofer and connected it to my x7 but no bass is comming out of woofer. Plugged RCA cable that was with X7 to C/sub and red one on the other side to the subwoofer input. Also done everything in creative control panel as in manuals. I hear sub making sound when clicking test button in control panel but it's very quiet and when playing music there is again no bass sound playing along with speakers (i got dedicated E-MU speakers)

I also posted it on r/soundblasterofficial with some photos
https://www.reddit.com/r/SoundBlast...k/problem_with_connecting_subwoofer_to_my_x7/
but didn't get any solution

May 21, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #3,453 of 3,608
Hi,

I just bought Yamaha NS-SW100 subwoofer and connected it to my x7 but no bass is comming out of woofer. Plugged RCA cable that was with X7 to C/sub and red one on the other side to the subwoofer input. Also done everything in creative control panel as in manuals. I hear sub making sound when clicking test button in control panel but it's very quiet and when playing music there is again no bass sound playing along with speakers (i got dedicated E-MU speakers)

I also posted it on r/soundblasterofficial with some photos
https://www.reddit.com/r/SoundBlast...k/problem_with_connecting_subwoofer_to_my_x7/
but didn't get any solution
You need to enable it in Speakers tab and set crossover frequency

May 21, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #3,454 of 3,608
I think that i enable it in control panel already.
I went to speaker tab->other speakers->enable subwoofer->enable bass redirection. I didin't set right and left speaker to full range, also tried with direct mode on/off and many other combinations. I have also tried crossover frequency slider but nothing happend

May 21, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #3,455 of 3,608
I think that i enable it in control panel already.
I went to speaker tab->other speakers->enable subwoofer->enable bass redirection. I didin't set right and left speaker to full range, also tried with direct mode on/off and many other combinations. I have also tried crossover frequency slider but nothing happend
Did you set X7 to 5.1 in Windows sound settings?

May 21, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #3,457 of 3,608
Nope, i didin't. How do you do that?
Go to sound properties click on the X7 go to configure and you should be able to set it to 5.1 from there.

May 22, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #3,461 of 3,608
I ran into this issue awhile back, and tried basically every combination of solutions I could find. Nothing worked. I hope you can figure it out!
Thanks but this is honestly frustrating. Like You I've tried almost everything and worst part is that i still don't know where is the problem, so i can't take appropriate steps. Buying different sub would pointless at this point if You don't know why it is not working.

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #3,463 of 3,608
Can people give me feedback on X7 as a DAC/Preamp. I'm currently using Luxman DA100 dac (PCM5102) with a passive preamp and looking to maybe purchasing the X7 to replace them.
Literally the first post of this thread

Jun 2, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #3,464 of 3,608
Hi All...

Have post in the passed !

Having a few issue with my X7, I've upgraded the mobo (and other parts) but I'm having problems with the X7 being unresponsive AND/OR the software not seeing the amp thus being no sound. The only way I can get it to work again is either unplug via the power, sometime I have to restart the PC & this has not worked !

Other problems I have are simple ones like plug in my headphones & it powers off or resets its self meaning I have to go through the same as above ! Some would say, don't turn off the PC & that brings in the dreaded X7 into sleep mode..... Damn thing wont wake !

I installed the new FW and its worse !!! I'm plagued with all issues every startup. Rolled back to see if I can sort it but I'm kidding myself as it did it before :frowning2:
I'm wondering if the X7 doesn't like USB3 or something as it didn't like it in the old MOBO ports, this now MOBO only has USB3 so I can't even move it to another port.

I've always bought Creative & defended their software/hardware but the money I've spend on the X7 & E-MU I've felt mugged off !

Jun 3, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #3,465 of 3,608
Should have known better than to trust Creative. Went out and bought another X7 after selling a year ago due to the max volume/mic feedback issue on power up.

Upgraded firmware and used the new X7 for a week, unplugged it to dust my desk and plugged it back in only to be welcomed by 60% volume ear piercing mic feedback, R @ 100%, L @ 0%, and all the previously muted equalizer volumes at 100% volume.

Unplug your speakers and subwoofer before ever powering these things on. I can see it blowing a woofer/sub easy (mine was chuffing like crazy until I reacted).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back