Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Nov 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #2,026 of 3,608
I have them for over a year now. For 140$ it's a steal.
Disable Direct Mode in settings and set the device to 5.1 mode in Windows Sound properties.

I set those options you told me to do but some reason it still doing it like at the desktop using Firefox it works excellent but when I start the game the game menu it has sound but when I'm actually in the game like moving my character around the sound just stops working but when I move around after awhile the sound pops in for like 1 second and disappears again. I thought it was a damage unit at first but I got a new one today and still doing that crap.

Does anyone know how to fix this situation please.

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #2,027 of 3,608
Now I think it might be the driver or usb of my mother board which is asrock z97 fatality professional not working with the x7, it seems to crash my games now but when I turn it off my games doesn't crash anymore.

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #2,028 of 3,608
I don't know why but recently I have needed to keep my X7 on high gain as I seem to be cranking all my headphones to 100% on low. I am using the TH-X00, Fidelio X2 and SHP9500 and they are all easy to drive headphones yet I can't seem to get any kind of volume out of them without high gain... Anyone else keep this unit on high even with easy to drive headphones?

Wondering if something is wrong with my X7 or maybe my hearing LOL.

Nov 13, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #2,030 of 3,608
I don't know why but recently I have needed to keep my X7 on high gain as I seem to be cranking all my headphones to 100% on low. I am using the TH-X00, Fidelio X2 and SHP9500 and they are all easy to drive headphones yet I can't seem to get any kind of volume out of them without high gain... Anyone else keep this unit on high even with easy to drive headphones?

Wondering if something is wrong with my X7 or maybe my hearing LOL.

I keep mine on high gain 100% of the time. Iirc in digitally controlled systems gain switch isn't an actual gain switch but a voltage limiter and switching x7 to high gain removes the limit.

Nov 14, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #2,031 of 3,608
Good morning. I've run back through the posts for quite a ways and have not seen any related to what I would like to use the X7 for. I apologize ahead of time if I simply didn't go back far enough.

I have a Yamaha soundbar with the wireless subwoofer that I want to enhance with a) better sound going into the analog ins, and b) a pair of Energy passive satellites (or maybe even a pair of Bose 301s). I won't be using this with a computer so it'll be app controlled via an android.

Pretty simple solution question before slapping down the cash;

- can I connect the TV digital out to the X7 digital in
- Connect the X7 analog out to soundbar analog in
- X7 speaker outs to Energy satellites

This would give me a single source (X7) for a simultaneous powered (soundbar) and passive output. 

I want to maintain a clean and uncluttered system (no av receiver with massive amounts of wires) but would like to enhance the soundbar I already have. Is this feasible and even if so, are there issues mixing powered/passive that I don't know about.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #2,033 of 3,608
Is the Sound Blaster X7 powerful enough to drive the HD 800S and do it justice? I don't want to have to buy a $1600 headphone then have to spend over $500 on an amp/dac.

Most people spend at least a 1000 on a amp/ Dac for the hd800/800s's.

Myself and a few others have found the X7 adequate for the hd800's but it won't take them to their full potential. Because the x7 now supports line out you could always add a better amp in the future.

Also if you aren't opposed to eq'ing or simple mods you could save some money and just get the regular hd800.

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #2,034 of 3,608
When you say full potential what do you mean? Are you saying it won't get loud like it suppose to? Or that it want reveal every nuance in recordings like a more expensive amp/dac? I'm also a gamer so I'd like to have a device I can connect my PS4 and PS3 trough optical audio. The X7 also does bluetooth. If the X7 isn't adequate enough for the HD 800 S, please direct me to another amp/dac like the X7 that doesn't cost $1000 and over.

Nov 19, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #2,035 of 3,608
  Good morning. I've run back through the posts for quite a ways and have not seen any related to what I would like to use the X7 for. I apologize ahead of time if I simply didn't go back far enough.

I have a Yamaha soundbar with the wireless subwoofer that I want to enhance with a) better sound going into the analog ins, and b) a pair of Energy passive satellites (or maybe even a pair of Bose 301s). I won't be using this with a computer so it'll be app controlled via an android.

Pretty simple solution question before slapping down the cash;

- can I connect the TV digital out to the X7 digital in
- Connect the X7 analog out to soundbar analog in
- X7 speaker outs to Energy satellites

This would give me a single source (X7) for a simultaneous powered (soundbar) and passive output. 

I want to maintain a clean and uncluttered system (no av receiver with massive amounts of wires) but would like to enhance the soundbar I already have. Is this feasible and even if so, are there issues mixing powered/passive that I don't know about.

Thanks in advance.

Would work out of the box.

Nov 19, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #2,036 of 3,608
When you say full potential what do you mean? Are you saying it won't get loud like it suppose to? Or that it want reveal every nuance in recordings like a more expensive amp/dac? I'm also a gamer so I'd like to have a device I can connect my PS4 and PS3 trough optical audio. The X7 also does bluetooth. If the X7 isn't adequate enough for the HD 800 S, please direct me to another amp/dac like the X7 that doesn't cost $1000 and over.

I've used the HD800 out of the x7, and I didn't enjoy the pairing at all. The treble was dry and harsh. Caveat emptor.

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #2,038 of 3,608
Hi, How does the regular x7 perform with speakers? I intend to use it in a desktop set-up with a pair of Dali Zensor 1's for music, TV/Movies and gaming..

I would get the limited edition, but I am hesitant on the white color as it would complicate the set-up's decor, so to speak.

Also has anyone tried those aftermarket upgrade adapters?

https://www.amazon.com/UpBright%C2%AE-Global-Adapter-Creative-Blaster/dp/B0188GZ0N4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479784965&sr=8-2&keywords=x7+upgrade+creative

&

https://www.amazon.com/T-Power-Creative-High-Resolution-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B019HW0UBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479784965&sr=8-1&keywords=x7+upgrade+creative

I noticed that the reviews for the 2nd one start off being very positive, then there's one review stating that the adapter doesn't fit. Did Creative make a revision to their adapter design, or should I ignore the review ? (1st adapter has no reviews).

Nov 22, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #2,039 of 3,608
I've got a silly question:
Do you need a soundcard to go along with the Creative SoundBlaster X7, for gaming (FPS) purposes?

I've got a Auzentech X-Fi Forte with a Audio Technica AD700 for a long run now, but the community Win10 drivers for the Auzentech has been pretty unstable for me, and I've got some noise / interference with the audio. I've been wondering if I could ditch the soundcard for the X7, if only I had the confirmation that the X7 has good "positional audio".

Nov 22, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #2,040 of 3,608
I've got a silly question:
Do you need a soundcard to go along with the Creative SoundBlaster X7, for gaming (FPS) purposes?

I've got a Auzentech X-Fi Forte with a Audio Technica AD700 for a long run now, but the community Win10 drivers for the Auzentech has been pretty unstable for me, and I've got some noise / interference with the audio. I've been wondering if I could ditch the soundcard for the X7, if only I had the confirmation that the X7 has good "positional audio".

All u need is the x7, it's an all in one package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back