Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Jun 20, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #1,801 of 3,608
I know about the BT-W2 for chat, that's not what I'm interested in. I'm talking about using headphones with the PS3 through the DAC, like how this person did with the PS4. Like I said, I doubt it will work, and optical always works, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Now I get it. Yes it will work.
I searched and found zero results. 
Does the X7 have a TRRS jack? Can I use a headphones with a mic built in (a headset with a TRRS jack)? 
With a splitter it will.

Jun 21, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #1,802 of 3,608
Looks like the firmware update for Windows is out! 

http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=13673
SBX7_PCFW_EN_160505.exe
What's New:
  1. Added option to enable/disable Headphone Surround processing in Line/Optical Out
  2. Added option to select audio output to passive speakers and/or active speakers (Line Out)
  3. Added option to enable/disable Auto Standby

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #1,808 of 3,608
Glad to be here
smily_headphones1.gif

Was hoping to surprise everyone with the firmware and software release but I got beat to the punch!

Keep 'em coming, this is the kind of support I look for when purchasing a premium product and it inspires a ton of confidence as a consumer. :D

Jun 21, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #1,811 of 3,608
Glad to be here
smily_headphones1.gif

Was hoping to surprise everyone with the firmware and software release but I got beat to the punch!

Whare have You been for the last few months? We missed You man!
  Creative is the only company I know that listens to their customers....X7 is probably the first ever product to have this feature....

Aside from all Creative internal soundcards, all Asus internal/external soundcards do have this feature.

Jun 22, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #1,813 of 3,608
"Sound Blaster X7 has a unique feature to function as a USB to SPDIF converter."
Behringer uca202 does as well for only 20$. Its an insanly good USB dac for $20. RCA outputs/inputs and headphone amp/out but the headphone out is doo-doo. All the other connections are choice (for 20$). 

Jun 22, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #1,814 of 3,608
  "Sound Blaster X7 has a unique feature to function as a USB to SPDIF converter."
Behringer uca202 does as well for only 20$. Its an insanly good USB dac for $20. RCA outputs/inputs and headphone amp/out but the headphone out is doo-doo. All the other connections are choice (for 20$). 

Yeah but Behringer products are in the "prosumer" and "professional" segments of the market. X7 is for a casual consumer.
  I am talking about consoles...console-->X7-->SBX-->optical out .....

Smyth Realizer and Beyerdynamic Headzone can do that. Although both are prohibitely expensive.

Jun 22, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #1,815 of 3,608
Glad to be here
smily_headphones1.gif

Good to have you back. Now let's talk about Dolby Digital Support for the BlasterX G5 so we can finally have proper SBX from 5.1 sources over optical.

And please fix the G5's SBX, It's still too reverby/too much reflections and thus cues are harder to separate because of too much masking/blending. Just give it the same treatment like the Sound Blaster Z, X7 and improve the positioning of the rear and side virtual speakers in 7.1. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back