Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Mar 15, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #1,501 of 3,608
Do Your cards have a DVI output? DVI controller on most video cards is actually the same as HDMI controller so You should be able to output sound via DVI vith a DVI-HDMi cable. I know my card can do that and DVI adapters are like 3$ so it's worth a shot.

I had to buy an HDMi to Displayport adapter, since the HDMI out on my laptop just stopped working altogether. So if he has a Displayport, that works too.

Mar 15, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #1,502 of 3,608
Derp, I forgot that DisplayPort outputs sound too. Yeah, that would work too.

Mar 15, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #1,503 of 3,608
I saw a couple pages back there was a firmware update, any news on if this fixes the random static issues that will happen while gaming and get worse until it stops and disappears and comes back a while later.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #1,505 of 3,608
Soooo.... turned on my X7, unplugged and plugged it back in, and set my PC volume to 2. 2 out of 100. Aas well as Winamp software control at 5% Played a song, and it rightly almost blew out my eardrums and drivers.

What is up with this damn thing, Creative? I'm sick of these issues. IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM SHOULD PC VOLUME AT 2 BE EAR SHATTERING. This should be basically inaudible.

I'm fed up with this, seriously. I'm seriously considering going back to a Mixamp and a Magni 2+Modi 2 or something. This sort of thing is unnacceptable.

Now I'm gonna have to uninstall the damn drivers and try again.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #1,506 of 3,608
Never happened to me with either headphones or speakers.

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #1,507 of 3,608
This is the first time this has ever happened. But it just adds to the minor niggles that keep popping up with this thing. I have owned various dac/amps, and this is the only one to give me an issue on a semi-frequent basis.

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #1,508 of 3,608
This is the first time this has ever happened. But it just adds to the minor niggles that keep popping up with this thing. I have owned various dac/amps, and this is the only one to give me an issue on a semi-frequent basis.

Same. That's why I sold mine. Need to update my sig.
Using the Philips DHP device from now on for consoles. Walt till this thing gets pimped.

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #1,509 of 3,608
Thanks Yethal! I was actually just coming over here to update to everyone it was available.

We'll have a driver revision and UI revision coming here soon as well with a few updates and additions.

I'll post once those go live as well.

Do we have an ETA on that?

Mar 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #1,510 of 3,608
Ok, I "think" understand,
But how would it transmit sound w/ the X7? I think you are saying that having the TitanX taking in the Sound/Video. Then the X7 acts as the soundcard for it? Or is this eliminating the sound card? Will test this now though

MadLust/EVshrun:  I did not even know about this soniccarrier, do you think it would beat the Bose Soundtouch? If so I would totally be willing to use it since my Bose costs $1,500 for a few hundred more to have a Real all in one intgrated solution would be amazing.

Sorry for taking so long to reply!

I think you understood what I said... basically you would use Windows output settings to switch between the HDMI & TV (when you want to use the soundbar) and the X7 (for headphones).

The Creative Sound Carrier is a bit beyond my budget (I'm trying not to spend before my wedding!) and is sort of an unknown for me... but if it's actually priced close to the Bose you have now (and you could get your money back from the Bose), then yeah you would gain the Creative processing features and expand your "5.1" based Bose to the "Dolby ATMOS" based surround on the Sound Carrier. I don't know if the sound carrier has a headphone jack... but it sounds like you aren't too worried about that. If it does have a headphone jack, the processing is likely to be amazing. What is ATMOS, 11.2.1 surround? It's got fronts, center(s?), sides, rears, and drivers angled up to bounce off the ceiling and give you height cues.

If you get the Sound Carrier, I'd be quite curious of your impressions!

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #1,511 of 3,608
Sorry if it was answered previously in this thread, but does this unit allow you to connect both headphones and line out at the same time?  I currently have a X-Fi Titanium HD and to use the line out on it, you have to disconnect the headphone jack (or use splitters on the line out to a headphone amp).

Also, is this an upgrade to the X-Fi Titanium HD?  Or would it just be wasting money?

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #1,512 of 3,608
Sorry if it was answered previously in this thread, but does this unit allow you to connect both headphones and line out at the same time?  I currently have a X-Fi Titanium HD and to use the line out on it, you have to disconnect the headphone jack (or use splitters on the line out to a headphone amp).

Also, is this an upgrade to the X-Fi Titanium HD?  Or would it just be wasting money?

Yup, You can have both at the same time.

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #1,514 of 3,608
As expensive as this thing is, why not just get a full sized, 7.1/ 5.1/ 4k UHD/ HDMI 2.0 receiver  such as a Pioneer VSX-830-K? These MSRP of this is the same as the x7, but it can be found for way less on sale/ online. I realize that due to size constraints this may not be for everyone, but wouldn't this offer tons more features and performance?

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #1,515 of 3,608
As expensive as this thing is, why not just get a full sized, 7.1/ 5.1/ 4k UHD/ HDMI 2.0 receiver  such as a Pioneer VSX-830-K? These MSRP of this is the same as the x7, but it can be found for way less on sale/ online. I realize that due to size constraints this may not be for everyone, but wouldn't this offer tons more features and performance?

You just answered yourself, the size lol

Yeah a receiver would be nice, but then again i mainly use this on desktop with headphones while using sbx for gaming, receiver is not geared toward that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back