Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Dec 27, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #1,276 of 3,608
Where do you set the Dolby Digital dynamic range to Maximum? Where is that option for the X7?

Edited:  Nvm, I see it.  I didnt know that they have this option until now.

This preset never seems to "stick" for me when I'm switching profiles in the crappy iOS app. No check mark appears after switching profiles, and I desperately wish that Creative would improve the responsiveness and stability of the iOS app. It is a real bummer for an otherwise awesome piece of kit

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #1,277 of 3,608
Okay so I have my X7 hooked into my ps4 and macbook everything is working.

But I definitely definitely have some hissing in my headphone at about 70% volume.  Anyone run into this?  The same headphone out of anything else does not do it so I'm not sure what the issue is here.

Does it with my HD700's, HD 598's and HD 518's.  Does not seem to be the headphone.

Have you checked the cables? The X7 handles low-impedance headphones with aplomb, so I'm assuming something else is awry.

I ran my 16-ohm Dunu DN1000 though the X7, and never heard any hissing.

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #1,278 of 3,608
Put surround on 100% bass and crystallizer off Dolby Digital dynamic range to maximum

X1 is kind od a pain in the ass to set up. You'll need to plug the microphone into the controller using the chat adapter.

sorry but I do not understand. You have to explain me better please. I have the Y adapter for the headphones and the Stereo adapter for the command.
I have to connect the headphones to the Y adapter to connect Creative X7 correct ? Is not supposed to have a cable just to chat ?

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #1,279 of 3,608
Put surround on 100% bass and crystallizer off Dolby Digital dynamic range to maximum

X1 is kind od a pain in the ass to set up. You'll need to plug the microphone into the controller using the chat adapter.

sorry but I do not understand. You have to explain me better please. I have the Y adapter for the headphones and the Stereo adapter for the command.
I have to connect the headphones to the Y adapter to connect Creative X7 correct ? Is not supposed to have a cable just to chat ?

Connect the headphone jack ro the x7 and microphone jack to the y adapter abd the y adapter to the controller

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #1,280 of 3,608
I did it but not worked. Xbox detects the microphone but the people in the party can not hear what I say. I'm pretty sure that is escape me something...
anyone have any image with the setup already mounted for me to see if I did some connection wrong ?

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #1,281 of 3,608
Received my Bluetooth adapter today from creative. Works great and easy setup with the ps4. It'll be nice using some of the mic options the x7 provides too.

It appears one needs to sync the x7 and adapter each time?

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #1,283 of 3,608
I have it. The headphone out has output impedance, so it's technically better for IEMs. Power-wise, the power is similar, though the standard is just very minimally more powerful. It's basically the same in power, and the output impedance difference doesn't matter to anything but IEMs, which the standard sounds fine with anyways.

I had a standard right before the LE btw, but it broke.

Jan 1, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #1,289 of 3,608
Quick question.  There is nothing stopping me from using a 3.5 to RCA adapter and hooking up another amp to this thing right?  That would still allow me to get SBX correct?

I'm just thinking about buying a tube amp for my HD700's.  Mostly for music so it's not super important but I'm wondering if it'd work here as well.

Edit: Also I realize this has an RCA line out.  I'm just concerned about keeping the SBX enhancements.  This is for use with a PS4.  If it works just fine with the RCA and it's only the optical that loses the SBX stuff then cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back