Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Apr 15, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #376 of 3,608
After the firmware update of the 8 April I've been having a problem when I turn on the device: I have to press the power on button a dozen of times before it actually becomes active.

I think something went wrong when I updated it, as I didn't follow any instruction and simply went away (realized afterwards that I would've had to turn it off and on).
Any way I can do the process again (can't just install it again as it says I already have the latest version).

Apr 15, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #377 of 3,608
  After the firmware update of the 8 April I've been having a problem when I turn on the device: I have to press the power on button a dozen of times before it actually becomes active.

I think something went wrong when I updated it, as I didn't follow any instruction and simply went away (realized afterwards that I would've had to turn it off and on).
Any way I can do the process again (can't just install it again as it says I already have the latest version).

Same issue here, although I did everything in the instructions including unplugging it. I wasn't sure if the button became more sensitive to certain amounts of pressure, or its getting stuck in hibernation mode or something.

Apr 15, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #378 of 3,608
Same here. Pressing the power button like a madman before it switches on.

Fix this, Creative.

Apr 15, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #379 of 3,608
Same here. Pressing the power button like a madman before it switches on.

Fix this, Creative.

Yet if you turn it off it has no issue and if you turn it on within a few minutes after you turn it off it has no issue. Only issue I have is if I'm not using it all day and go to turn it on then it's just annoying and doesn't work.

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #380 of 3,608
Same. Even the SBX button does it sometimes. Brilliant :xf_eek:
Glad I am not the only one though, was afraid my X7 was going :mad:

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #381 of 3,608
  I did consider Valhalla 2 but I am planning to get the Alpha Primes in the future so I thought getting a Lyr 2 may be the best of two worlds.  I read good things about Lyr 2 with Bugle Boy or Orange Globe sounding fantastic with HD800, and Gold Lion pairs well with the Primes.  But like you said, if I were to just use HD800's the yes Valhalla 2 would be the way to go, it's cheaper, and the stock tubes are good enough.

I say go for the X7+HD 800 nonetheless. "Even" with the X7 the HD 800 will kick almost any other headphone into the abyss for gaming. 

Did I miss important info on the Line Out of the X7?

Does the X7 transfer headphone surround to the LINE OUT like the old X-Fi cards now? It didn't work with my ZxR back then. 

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #382 of 3,608
Im also experiencing the same issue with the unit taking awhile to power on. Also i have noticed that the auto standby feature is a hit or miss with the latest firmware. i have already submitted a tech ticket to creative and i suggest all owners who are experiencing this to do the same. Hoping the creative person in this thread can foward the issue to Ryan S.

Apr 16, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #384 of 3,608
Guys, can anyone else confirm that the X7 is a hint warmer in software mode vs direct? I have all extra processing off in software mode, and it sounds slightly warmer than direct mode to me. I'm tired atm, so i wanna make sure it's true and not a decibel occurrence between the two modes.

If true, I probably won't ever touch direct mode. The bass seems fuller in software mode, no EQ or anything.

Apr 16, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #385 of 3,608
Guys, can anyone else confirm that the X7 is a hint warmer in software mode vs direct? I have all extra processing off in software mode, and it sounds slightly warmer than direct mode to me. I'm tired atm, so i wanna make sure it's true and not a decibel occurrence between the two modes.

If true, I probably won't ever touch direct mode. The bass seems fuller in software mode, no EQ or anything.

I agree with this from my listening experience, non direct mode is a touch warmer and bass is slightly more present.

Apr 16, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #387 of 3,608
So I'm not hearing things then. It's subtle but fairly noticeable.

I wonder if having it set to 5.1 is causing the X7 to pass along that subwoofer channel information to the X7 even with SBX off, causing to have that extra presence down low vs direct mode that just keeps it strictly as 2 channels, left and right. It would make sense, as the signal is still 5.1, though downrezzed to two channels.

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #388 of 3,608
Everybody has the slow power on issue, cool.
If it was up to me I'd leave it always in stand by, but it still gets warm.

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #390 of 3,608
Hey there everyone,

Just wanted to chime in and let you know that we've seen (and APPRECIATE!) these reports of the slow power on issue with the X7 and our SQA team is already investigating and working on a solution.

I'll keep you all updated as to the progress.

If any betas or test versions of an update come out I'll let you know here as well.

We definitely appreciate the feedback and apologize if this is driving anyone mad in the interim. 

Also, Mad Lust Envy...I've got a query in to the engineering team on your question regarding the warmth of software mode vs direct. I'll pass along the response when I hear from them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back