Jun 19, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #3,001 of 3,608
Tape a hard drive case instead of the cover

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #3,002 of 3,608
Tape a hard drive case instead of the cover
Edit: done :ok_hand:
20180619_231018 (2).jpg 20180619_223900.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #3,003 of 3,608
I have an x7 that I used less than 10 times (no longer have use for it). I thought about hooking up the device to my tv to process the sound and pass it on to my active speakers. Will there be any benefit? How would I connect active speakers so they aren't double amped?

Also, does a headset with the x7 work with the ps4? I remember when k foret got it there was some.issie with the mic.

Jun 20, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #3,004 of 3,608
I have an x7 that I used less than 10 times (no longer have use for it). I thought about hooking up the device to my tv to process the sound and pass it on to my active speakers. Will there be any benefit? How would I connect active speakers so they aren't double amped?

Also, does a headset with the x7 work with the ps4? I remember when k foret got it there was some.issie with the mic.
You can use the line-outputs on the back to connect to active speakers. Don't know if it improves your setup, though. Does your TV have a TOSLink output or only an analogue line-out?

If you want to use a mic on the PS4 through the X7 you can use the Creative BT-W2 USB audio dongle in the PS4 and synch it with the X7.

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #3,006 of 3,608
Hi guys,

I own an X7 and a couple of days ago I realized the rear speakers line out is not sending any signal (I tried the speaker set up testing through windows sound config, creative control panel on windows and on android app with the same outcome). Further investigation revealed that a minor sound is being outputted but it is perceptible only when I increase the volume of the rear speakers to the max (they are powered bookshelf speakers). What do you guys think? Is there any chance the amp for that rear line out channel just blew? Do I have any chance of repairing it? (warranty is expired) or do I have to just settle for a 3.1 configuration :frowning2:

Any insight will be much appreciated!

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #3,007 of 3,608
Under "Speakers" option there's a pull down tab for:
Amplifier
Line Out
Amplifier and Line Out

Any chance playing with that fixes it?
(turn down the volume before you try)

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #3,008 of 3,608
Hi guys,

I own an X7 and a couple of days ago I realized the rear speakers line out is not sending any signal (I tried the speaker set up testing through windows sound config, creative control panel on windows and on android app with the same outcome). Further investigation revealed that a minor sound is being outputted but it is perceptible only when I increase the volume of the rear speakers to the max (they are powered bookshelf speakers). What do you guys think? Is there any chance the amp for that rear line out channel just blew? Do I have any chance of repairing it? (warranty is expired) or do I have to just settle for a 3.1 configuration :frowning2:

Any insight will be much appreciated!

I suggest browse the settings in the SB control panel, maybe there is adjustment that can increase the output. And get a voltmeter to check the output, if the rear line out output voltage is comparable with the rest.

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #3,010 of 3,608
Looking for a good bookshelf speaker set up to pair with my x7. Something that would be an upgrade on my Samsung 2.1 (and rear bluetooth speakers) soundbar.
No real need for the surround aspect anymore and would like a cleaner set up.

Do I need passive or active speakers?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Jun 27, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #3,011 of 3,608
Why I hear white noise on my IEM KZ ES4 when plugged in on my SB X7 with normal Impedance? but I don't hear any noise when I plugged on my Galaxy S5. Is IEMS not compatiable with this DAC?
also constant white noise on when plugged in to my Laptop.

only on My phone I don't hear any unusual noise.

is it Gain issue or something else?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #3,012 of 3,608
Hey guys, amazing thread.

I have a quick question, switched on X7 this morning and the volume was at 100% (normally 13% on high gain) and the mic is now strangely playing sounds back to me through the headphones, I've muted it in X7 software panel and that's sorted it, just the couple weeks I've had it, not had to deal with that. Any had something similar happen?

It could potentially be my kid trying to deafen me, but not sure if you can switch on mic from front of X7 or not, so just figured I'd ask.

Thanks for any help.

Jul 5, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #3,013 of 3,608

I have a quick question, switched on X7 this morning and the volume was at 100% (normally 13% on high gain) and the mic is now strangely playing sounds back to me through the headphones, I've muted it in X7 software panel and that's sorted it, just the couple weeks I've had it, not had to deal with that. Any had something similar happen?

It could potentially be my kid trying to deafen me, but not sure if you can switch on mic from front of X7 or not, so just figured I'd ask.

Thanks for any help.

Hello, and yes I get this problem too from time to time. From my findings, it firstly only occurs if you use the X7 with a computer and then it is the computer which overrides the X7's settings (i.e Enabling the internal mic on X7 and setting system volume to 100) and yes it is annoying when it happens. The sound you hear is the feedback from the mic and when you have speakers attached to it and it occurs, I almost think I'm going to fry them.

I found a way to combat the mic issue by plugging a 3.5mm male jack into the mic port on the X7. This can be anything and this way it will never use the internal mic if the settings happens to become unmuted.

As for the 100 issue, turn the knob a little bit to the right once windows has started, if the power light starts flashing, then you know it is at max volume and it needs to be turned down before you listen to anything.

Not the most ideal solutions but at least it's is something for now. I'm not sure if Creative's or Windows fault for not handling the dac correctly but I hope it is acknowledged and fixed soon.

Jul 5, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #3,014 of 3,608

Thanks for any help.

As above. The mic on the X7 is often stuck on, mine permanently. Last year I started to wonder and picked up the X7 SE when it was on sale to double check. Right out of the box the mic was broadcasting my keystrokes and firmware updates or flashing does not help. The solution suggested above about putting a dummy 3.5mm connection in there is a good one. As you have already done, muting the microphone is a good idea as well and that is what I typically do. That saves to the device, so you won't have to redo it every time you power on. I doubt we will ever see a fix for this.

If you are on the April Windows 10 Update, it is not uncommon for people to report the forgotten volume setting/100% on thing. It is not X7 specific and it seems to happen at random intervals. Some clear changes in the April update about how the OS handles sound devices. It doesn't happen terribly often, but wise to check before strapping on these days.

Jul 6, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #3,015 of 3,608
How to permanently fix volume issues on the X7:
Buy an external amp, set the volume on the X7 to maximum and control the volume from the amp. Literally every issue I had with X7 is gone after I added Ragnarok to the chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back