Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Apr 27, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #1,607 of 3,608
I can't seem to control voice mix on ps4. I turned down the Bluetooth slider but it has no effect. It seems I had to turn on output device to TV or amplifier to hear voice chat from others. Very confused.

I have boom pro plugged into a splitter which goes in to mic and headphone ports.

If I scroll through my PS4 menu bar fast the sound distorts and I sound really crackly on mic my friend said.

Is the power button LED blue or white? If it's white then it's no longer paired to the transmitter. You'll need to hold the power button until it lights blue and then it should reconnect to the transmitter (Robot lady will say Device connected)

Apr 27, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #1,608 of 3,608
Is the power button LED blue or white? If it's white then it's no longer paired to the transmitter. You'll need to hold the power button until it lights blue and then it should reconnect to the transmitter (Robot lady will say Device connected)

Ohhhhhhhhh. Weird how I could still chat though just not control the volume. That was when I put output to TV/amp I think. Either way works now thank you.

Apr 27, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #1,609 of 3,608
Do you guys ever use the bass boost feature, or just eq the bass? Using the bass boost around 20-30% I just get a constant rumble that sounds like background noise.

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #1,613 of 3,608
Can this amp drive a HD800?

I'd definitely choose something warmer, bolder, bigger. I can only imagine how thin and dry the HD800 would sound off the X7.

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #1,618 of 3,608
  I have the E-MU XM7 Speakers, can anyone recommend a decent sub to pair with these and the X7? The environment is a rectangular room (i'm at one end) that's an office/library space, so I don't need to rumble the walls down.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/speaker-systems/subwoofers/yst-sw012_black__u/?mode=model

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #1,619 of 3,608
Showing my intelligence again here.  Was getting really annoyed with the power button not working, knew it was an historical issue.  Then realised I'm on the very original firmware, the update I did was for the control panel not the unit -_-

May 6, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #1,620 of 3,608
Has anyone figured out how to deal with the "auto-off" problem?  I've got it hooked up to my PS4 (and it sounds amazing) but the X7 powers itself off after not too long, forcing me to go and turn it back on.  It's frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back