Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro (2006-2007 PCI Card), any good still?
Mar 29, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #16 of 20
The Quad DAC Setup of the card is superior to the console's setup from what I've read in the past.
Has been difficult finding mW output specs for the card and console

Mar 30, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #17 of 20
...(I see the device also has turntable inputs).
It has lots of inputs. The pic below shows the inputs present, starting at the #2 dialog (2 [Digital/Analog] under the D/A line). I count nine. Nine analog inputs.

20190709_xfi-elite-pro_device_mixer.png

https://cornelhuth.com/tmp/20190709_xfi-elite-pro_device_mixer_JUKEBOX_2112.png

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #18 of 20
I still nurse a very old PC that has native PCI cards. My soundcard is a Creative Audigy 2 and I think it sounds just fine.

I feed it into an older NAD receiver with PSB Alpha shielded speakers and I am quite happy with the sound.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #19 of 20
I just got a Topping A50s amp.
Tried feeding it via the X-Fi Elite Pro and also via a Fiio M11 in USB DAC Mode.

There is an obvious difference in sound quality, with the Fiio being better to my ears.

As much as I like the card and lusted over it for years before finally getting one, I may be retiring it.

Apr 10, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #20 of 20
Well, turns out, as much as I liked X Fi crystallizer before, I'm noticing noise at the tail end of sounds when it's enabled .

So after disabling it, everything sounds a bit cleaner, and I'm not inclined to retire it now...

I've just found a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable (albeit a nasty looking thing that came with an office monitor), so I think I'm going to do some research on how to use RMAA to do some measurement comparisons between then Fiio M11 and the X Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back